Senior Building Safety Manager
- Berkshire, United Kingdom
- £55,000 to £65,000 per annum
A client of mine who is a leading Housing Association is looking to recruit a senior Building Safety Manager on a full time permanent basis. You will act as the Landlords Authorised Person who has the obligation to manage and demonstrate all safety undertakings are being delivered, recorded, and maintained in relation to common parts of the building. Lead the Building Safety Managers and Fire Door Inspectors to ensure the safety of our customers and relevant persons
Identify and actively challenge stakeholders and partners to ensure building safety risks in higher-risk buildings are identified and rectified early, and on an ongoing basis to maintain safety standards for residents.
Ensure that data is held centrally for full transparency and that suitable contract arrangements are in place for the continued management all compliance elements within your defined areas.
Within broad direction set by the Head of Building Safety and Compliance and working closely with Safety and Compliance Specialists, the Building Safety Compliance and Standards Manager and the Building Safety and Compliance Administration team as well as your direct reports, work to ensure that effective management controls are in place to risk and responsibilities relating to building safety.
Financial responsibility: Circa £250,000
People responsibility: x2 Fire Door Inspectors, x2 Building Safety Managers
Knowledge & Skills:
* Excellent knowledge and experience of building safety and in particular fire safety within large property portfolios
* The ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage both long and short term workstreams and priorities.
* Proven experience of building, leading, managing and motivating teams both directly and indirectly.
* Experience of managing a range of stakeholders and working at a senior management level
* A wide knowledge base within residential property and related safety / compliance areas
* Level 6 CIOB Diploma in Building Safety
* A track record of success of a complex technical area, translating vision into a deliverable programme within a challenging and dynamic environment
* Educated to degree level education or equivalent membership such as RICS, RIBA or MCIOB.
* AIFireE Level Membership to the IFE or equivalent.
* Ability to impact assess to understand the difference between ‘major’ and ‘minor’ data issues
* Knowledge of methods to monitor the quality of data and identify issues e.g. reconciliations
* Ability to communicate responsibilities to data users and assure the proper use of data within their domain
* Protecting and monitoring data against misuse and loss
* Understanding of data breaches, associated implications and industry standards of preventing/triaging a breach
* Ability to create, test and update process diagrams
For more information or to apply please call Charlie on 02392322318 or email me on email@example.com
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.