Senior Design Engineer
- West Midlands, United Kingdom
- £50,000 to £55,000 per annum
Level / Type of Experience: Experience in rail (including experience of performing the CRE role), bridges, (cont.) earthworks, drainage and highways, with related experience of working with key Clients including Network Rail, Transport for London, Environment Agency and Canal & River Trust.
Detailed Knowledge of CDM.
Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ):
– Implement and comply with SHEQ policies and procedures, all legal requirements and best practice.
– Be fully aware of the current CDM regulations and ‘Safe by Design’ principles, ensuring all projects under their supervision comply with CDM Regulations.
– Apply personal knowledge and technical expertise to your work and to the standards required, by:
– Taking personal responsibility for SHEQ standards in your role.
– Encouraging others to work to the required CDM and SHEQ standards.
– Addressing Buildability issues.
– Maintaining personal knowledge of current technical and professional standards required to carry out specific tasks within your role.
– Undertaking site visits and review of designs, reporting and advising the Principal Engineer and site teams on SHEQ issues.
– Achieve the technical compliance of the design to the remit, by:
– Working to the Design Procedure.
– Challenging and agreeing technical requirements of the remit.
– Leading teams to produce design deliverables in compliance with industry standards and to procedures.
– Producing design deliverables in compliance with industry standards.
– Providing instructions or sketches to enable the production of unambiguous designs/drawings to a high standard of accuracy in an appropriate format to agreed timescales.
– Producing clear, consistent, referenced calculations, and checking those by others.
– Using the current relevant standards and being conversant with software used in design development as appropriate.
– Auditing the use of the Design Procedure, and reporting findings to the Principal Engineer.
– Working alongside other Designers and Technicians and supplying them with information in a timely manner.
– Providing regular reports and forecasts for the project to the Principal Engineer and Clients.
– Referencing, issuing, filing and archiving design deliverables in accordance with the Design Procedure.
– Stay informed of design developments in H&S, Innovation, Sustainability and Diversity and implementing them as appropriate, by:
– Maintaining CPD records.
– Briefing other members of the team.
– Improving your own skills portfolio, both technical and managerial.
– Understand the importance of achieving customer satisfaction by driving and maintaining the highest level of standards and working collaboratively.
– Understand the social, cultural, global and environmental responsibilities of the Professional Engineer and the need for sustainable development, by:
– Making best use of the existing knowledge within the business and contribute to it as appropriate.
– Developing skills in management and/or work towards a design/technical/professional specialism or membership of a professional body.
– Promoting the development of the engineering profession by undertaking a DE or SCE role, and inputting into industry forums or best practice groups as appropriate.
I understand this job description may be generic, so for further information, feel free to give me a call on 02392322360 or drop me an email on email@example.com.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.