Senior Development Transport Planner – London
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £45,000 to £52,000 per annum
Senior Development Transport Planner – London – £52K+
We are currently working with one of the world’s leading Independent Consultants who offer a truly multi-disciplinary service across over 90 specialist sectors. With a dominant presence in the transportation market, they are seeking a Senior Transport Planner to join their Southern Team, operating from their flagship London offices. Here you will join the Cities team working on a range of Public and Private sector projects. Due to the current situatuion they are adopting to working in the office so you can balance your time between home and the office itself,
We have opportunities for development planning senior transport consultants with 6 to 8 years’ experience to join our client’s successful Transport Consulting team in London to work on Cities projects in both the private and public sector.
They are involved in development planning, strategy development and infrastructure projects for public and private sector clients. These include high profile projects such as HS2, airport expansion and major sporting events together with a range of significant residential, commercial and regeneration schemes in London and the southeast.
They are seeking enthusiastic candidates who are interested in creating excellent places and effective transport networks for all transport users. Our projects require a broad range of skills and the ability to deliver quality work within a fast-moving and deadline-driven environment.
The opportunities are suitable for those with a wide range of development planning transport skills, including Transport Assessments, traffic engineering, analysis, modelling assessment and design. The candidate should have knowledge of designing for all street users including walking, cycling and public transport use, as well as experience working on Local Authority commissions.
Your day to day activities
- Project management responsibility of small to medium sized development planning and local government projects with technical support within project teams under the leadership of project director,
- Project management of workstreams within much larger projects also under the leadership of project director.
- Taking responsibility for meeting deadlines, managing project programs and for client deliverables.
- Managing the commercial aspects of projects, invoicing and monitoring project budget, spend vs forecast.
- Responsible for technical delivery and challenging methodologies to achieve technical excellence.
- Working and interacting with wider multi-disciplinary professional teams.
- Planning and designing for access by all transport modes, including within urban areas, public realm schemes and at major destinations and interchanges.
- Analysing, modelling and assessing future transport demands and network requirements.
- Preparing technical and non-technical reports and illustrative material including feasibility reports, options studies, transport assessments and input to environmental statements.
To be considered for the role you will be expected to demonstrate the following
- Be qualified with a University degree/HNC in a relevant discipline (e.g. civil engineering, geography, economics, mathematics).
- Membership of a relevant professional institution (e.g. ICE, CIHT, CILT).
- Experience in transport planning, modelling and design development for new development sites.
- Experience of project engagement with private / public sector clients.
- Demonstrable record of undertaking and managing the technical and delivery aspects of projects related to cities and development, with a range of complexity and fee budgets.
- Proficiency in data collection, analysis and interpretation.
- Experience in local highway network analysis areas (such as TRANSYT, Junctions, LINSIG, VISSIM / Aimsun).
- Working knowledge of DfT and Transport for London assessment and modelling guidance.
- Experience of UK Town & Country Planning and Environmental Impact Assessment processes and requirements.
- Experience of applying transport design guidance in a cities context (e.g. DMRB, Manual for Streets, cycling and bus design standards).
- Knowledge of successful travel planning techniques including measures to encourage walking, cycling and the use of public transport.
- Experience in the application of both GIS and AutoCAD (including Autotrack) software for transport planning projects.
- Experience of engagement with local transport authorities, operators and the public.
- Excellent report writing, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work pro-actively, under own initiative within project teams led by project managers.
Rewards and Benefits
Working for one of the World’s leading Independent Consultants this is a first-class opportunity to really drive your career forward and with have you working on some of the largest and most challenging transportation related projects the UK has to offer. They can in turn offer you an attractive salary with regular reviews, and one of the best benefits packages offered across the sector. Core benefits include comprehensive cover under the Companies UK Healthcare Plan, a first-class Pension, Life Assurance and Income Protection. On top of this all employees have access to the Company Profit Share Scheme offering two Profit Share Payments a year, plus an array of extra benefits designed to help develop your career and offer you a better work/life balance, including flexible working arrangements. This means that although the Transportation team is London based they can consider candidates who are further afield.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.