Senior Health & Safety Manager
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £70,000 to £75,000 per annum
A client of mine is looking for a Senior Health & Safety Manager to join their expanding business. As a Senior Health & Safety Manager you must have the ability to drive Health & Safety forward within a construction environment and can make people listen. Experience within construction is essential, combined with working on new build residential sites.
You must be able to strategically manage and display strong attributes of visible leadership with the energy and passion to draw people into dialogue in bringing about positive change on key issues. Thus leading to completion of targets and objectives in driving the business forward to a position of continuous strength and setting the overall strategic safety direction.
This position reports to directly into the Construction Director and you will be expected to be a strong lead in Health & Safety. You will work actively on site using a hands-on approach rather than working strategically. Senior Health & Safety Manager will assure the integration of Health & Safety requirements in alignment with companies’ behaviours as well as site needs and following the company policies.
Delivery of H&S Solutions across a construction environment
Risk Mitigation expert within construction, facilities management, and engineering.
Promote a positive H&S culture within the organisation to ensure relevant relationships with regulatory and advisory bodies are kept intact
A practical and theoretical understanding of OHSAS 18001 Health & Safety Standard
- Reporting into Board/Operational Level
- Conducts regular inspections, audits and assessments to evaluate the site’s performance in relation to Company HSE procedures, guidelines and regulations.
- Develops and maintains procedures to ensure compliance to all local, country and company requirements.
- Assures the integration of technical HSE requirements in alignment with site needs.
- Actively participates on site leadership team in the areas of HSE governance, auditing, management systems, best practice exchanges, compliance initiatives and governmental/regulatory reporting.
- Develops working relationships with local regulatory agencies and serves as the site point of contact for all regulatory agency inspections and inquiries.
- Provides coaching and development to site leadership in the areas of HSE
- Preparation and implementation of the site annual HSE compliance action plan.
- Successfully integrates HSE processes with site operations through the HSE Management System
Qualifications & Requirements
NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ Level 6 In Occupational Health & Safety (Desired)
Chartered member of IOSH
Over 3 years’ experience in a Senior Health & Safety Position reporting into Board level
Residential Construction Experience
Full UK Driving Licence
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or call me on 02392322318
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.