Senior Highways Engineer – Manchester
- Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
- £38,000 to £45,000 per annum
SENIOR HIGHWAYS ENGINEER – MANCHESTER – £38k to £45k
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Highways Engineer to join my client’s team in Manchester.
Situated in the Manchester office this is an important operational and career development position in their business, with key responsibilities to contribute to the development and implementation of projects and programmes of work whilst undertaking a range of technical aspects required for project delivery including feasibility, concept design including buildability and value engineering, detailed design, preparation of tender and contract documentation, invitation of tenders and supervision of construction works on site as part of a team.
You day to day tasks will include:
- Arranging the procurement of highways improvement works through competitive tendering,
- Preparing schemes for tender using the NEC3 family of Forms of Contract, Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works including use of Specification for Highway Works and the Standard Method of Measurement.
- Supervising and monitoring works on site, making valuations for payment assessments, chairing, and managing progress meetings.
- Arranging the procurement of highway improvement works through competitive tendering.
- Undertaking feasibility studies including preparing reports, cost estimates, investigating problems, and identifying of options.
To be considered for the role you will need:
* A Bachelors or Masters Degree in Civil Engineering or a related subject accredited by the Engineering Council OR you will be actively working towards Incorporated or Incorporated Member status of the Institution of Civil Engineers (IEng MICE).
* A minimum of 3-5 years post qualification experience in the design, implementation and supervision of all aspects of highways and civil engineering design and construction.
* Proven knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation, standards and procedures. A working knowledge of standard highway and civil engineering specifications, conditions of contract and methods of measurement.
* Working knowledge of the relevant legislation and guidelines including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, British and European Standards, Eurocodes and Codes of Practice.
What our client can offer you in return
* A competitive basic salary
* 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
* The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
* Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
* Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.