Senior Hydraulic Modeller
- West Sussex, United Kingdom
- £33,000 to £40,000 per annum
SENIOR HYDRAULIC MODELLER – WEST SUSSEX – PERMANENT
This is a permanent position for an experienced flood risk specialist with an eagerness to become involved in and at the leading edge of hydraulic modelling of sewers and watercourses; primarily in the urban environment. There is an increasing need within the water industry for integrated urban drainage models which include both the urban drainage systems (sewers etc) and watercourses. It is expected that this role will combine the skills of hydraulic modelling and fluvial hydrology.
The successful candidate will act as the Team Leader for a small team which is currently engaged in urban drainage modelling. The intention is that the role of this team will expand in the future to take the lead in integrated urban drainage modelling which will include fluvial and pluvial modelling and Flood Risk Assessments.
* Hydraulic modelling using the InfoWorks ICM program;
* Team Leader for small specialist team;
* Undertaking Hydrology Studies and determining appropriate inputs to integrated models;
* Reviewing hydrological studies undertaken by others;
* Assist with the development of new techniques and skills;
* Prepare plans, maps, reports and diagrams;
* Other duties as required to meet the project workload.
* First Class Honours degree or a Master’s degree
* Highly proficient computer skills;
* Strong technical skills;
* Ability to manage workload;
* Good communication skills;
* Self-motivated, able to work under pressure and to work as a team member.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.