Senior Mechanical Engineer
- West Midlands, United Kingdom
- £45,000 to £56,000 per annum
Stride are recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join a large, award-winning, multi-disciplinary consultancy in their Birmingham office. Project sectors include residential, healthcare and educational to name a few. With an extensive history ranging across the UK and internationally this is a consultancy offering excellent progression throughout your career.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience working in a multi-disciplinary team, communicating across both internal and external clients and teams. Previous M&E design & specification experience or project management experience is required. A degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering would be preferable but is not essential.
Day-to-day duties will include;
– You will be in a Client facing role, attending project meetings and disseminating the brief within the project team. You will need to be of personable nature and a good communicator.
– You will lead the development of initial strategic concepts for projects ensuring solutions are appropriate for the brief and regulatory standards.
– Taking responsibility for solid technical delivery in your work either alone or part of a team.
– Engage with junior support staff in their day to day activities and offer advice and guidance to ensure that they develop their skills and we get the best out of our people.
– You will be financially astute and work with the team leader to help monitor fee expenditure, resource and work delivered.
– Looking at new ways of working and taking time out for innovation and research ensuring we keep abreast of our competitors.
– Creating and maintaining a high reputation within the local industry, and to ensure adherence to QM and risk control procedures is also a very important part of the role.
In return the consultancy is offering an excellent salary and benefits package. There are clear progression paths for development throughout your career.
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.