Senior Planning Officer
- Hampshire, United Kingdom
- £40 to £45 per hour
Stride Resourcing are assisting a local authority in the Basingstoke area who are looking for a Senior Planning Officer for an initial period of 6 months and is likely to be extended.
– To ensure the efficient and consistent handling of planning applications through the statutory processes including appeal procedures.
– To provide advice on planning matters to applicants, members of the public and others in accordance with policy guidelines and good customer care principles.
– To prepare reports on applications on delegated and on Committee items for consideration by the Council’s Committees
– To consider and recommend decisions on development proposals and facilitate sustainable development in a proactive, collaborative and proportionate approach with all customers to include applicants, agents, consultees, neighbours and other interested parties.
– To inspect the sites of, prepare reports and make recommendations on, planning applications delegated to the Head of Planning and Infrastructure or for determination by the Development Committee.
– To undertake negotiations with developers and their advisers to secure alternative design solutions to development proposals where the submitted application fails to meet adopted planning policies or standards.
– To prepare statements of case and proofs of evidence for appeals relating to the Planning Development function and to attend Informal hearings and Public Inquiries as the Council’s professional witness.
– To deal with day to day correspondence and enquiries from members of the public and their professional advisers, Councillors, Parish Councillors and other Council Departments on development control matters and to provide professional advice in a clear and friendly manner which meets the needs of the recipient.
– To attend meetings, present reports and advise Development Committee and any relevant Sub Committee on planning development issues and to accompany Members on Site Viewings.
– To assist Compliance and Enforcement Officers in dealing with breaches of planning control.
– To assist the Development Committee and any relevant Sub Committee with display of plans and with the Council’s Public Participation in Planning Applications Scheme.
– To provide planning development advice as a member of (or project manager of) inter-divisional or inter-departmental project teams involved in developing and implementing the Council’s Corporate Strategies and priorities.
– To undertake negotiations on Section 106 agreements for major developments and to ensure that the requirements are met subsequently.
– To develop an in depth knowledge of specialist areas and to assist the other planning officers in proposals relating to these areas eg; telecommunications, advertisement regulations, heavy goods vehicle operators licences, environmental assessment, retail development, affordable housing, etc.
– To attend and assist member training.
– To attend meetings of Parish Councils or other bodies as requested to provide advice on planning development matters.
– Maintain knowledge of developments and legislation in Development Management matters and their implications.
– Ensure that service delivery complies with current regulations, accepted professional standards, the council’s policies and procedures and appropriate legislation (including legislation on data protection, equalities, health and safety and safeguarding children and vulnerable adults).
– Be aware of health and safety at work and report any work related activity that gives rise to personnel, staff or public safety.
– To ensure that service delivery complies with current regulations, accepted professional standards, the council’s policies and procedures and appropriate legislation (including legislation on data protection, equalities, health and safety and safeguarding children and vulnerable adults)’.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, please call Chris Wright on 02392 314798, or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.