Senior Project Controller
- Kent, United Kingdom
- £55,000 to £60,000 per annum
SENIOR PROJECT CONTROLLER – PERMANENT – £55,000/£60,000 – KENT
The Senior Project Controller has the primary responsibility for project controls and management of the project controls team. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing all aspects of project control activities, ensuring that project administration, change management, Risk Management, project estimating, cost management and schedule management are executed in a timely fashion and in accordance with all company standards and contractual requirements. The position requires a comprehensive understanding and application of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards as related to project controls and including Earned Value Management Systems.
* Ensures the integrity of the annual project budget through approved scope changes
* Support estimate development throughout the AMP period
* Develop and maintain resource-loaded P6 project schedule
* Monitor, analyse, and report on progress, cost and schedule variances, and forecasts
* Flags significant projected overruns or large cost variance
* Analyse subcontractor spend plans & resource profiles
* Track RFIs/change orders and analyse cost/schedule impact
* Incorporate baseline changes into P6 schedule
* Review subcontractor invoices for progress and funding status
* Calculate estimates to complete and estimates at completion
* Perform variance analysis of project cost and schedule performance
* Provide direction and expertise to project controls-related activities for the project in support of the planning and execution requirements.
* Plan and budget the project controls resources and systems necessary to support the project.
* Understand and stay current on business/industry trends and the implications for project controls functions.
* Effectively communicate with the Project Team, Client and Home Office Management on project controls issues.
* Manage project controls resources and activities required to support the planning and execution of project controls for a large project.
* Serve as the focal point for all matters relating to estimating, planning/scheduling, and cost control.
This position requires a minimum of 10 years of progressive project controls experience with increasing responsibility. Experience within the water industry is sought but not required. Candidate should be familiar with the implementation/application of EVMS in a project environment. Experience with, and appreciation for the sensitivities associated with a collocated work environment is desired. Must have strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and within the client organisation.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Aaron on 02392 314675 to be considered.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.