Senior Structural Engineer
- Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
- £38,000 to £45,000 per annum
Senior Structural Engineer
£38,000 – £45,000
We at Stride are working alongside one of the leading engineering design consultancies in the country with an enviable reputation, to help support their mass growth plans across their design infrastructure team in the North East of England. This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career whilst working for a leading company at the top of their field.
You will be joining our expanding Building Structures team, as a Senior Structural Engineer.
- Develop innovative and sustainable designs for a huge range of challenging projects
- Take a lead role in the structural design elements of multi-disciplinary design projects, coordinating with Architects, Engineers, and specialist consultants.
- In terms of delivering our capital national infrastructure energy projects, be part of a team that will be a fundamental part of delivering Net Zero and the UK climate change targets.
- Fulfil your potential in one of the largest global professional services engineering company that provides unlimited progression to our staff who excel in their roles.
In relation to core duties of the role, the most salient are summarised as follows:
- Will have preferably achieved ‘Chartered Engineer’ status, or as a minimum, will have all required attributes signed off and will be in the final preparations for ‘Chartered’ Review with a recognised professional Institution;
- Demonstrates competence in conceiving approximate scheme solutions to assess the viability of alternative materials and forms of construction.
- With limited supervision and guidance can solve structural engineering problems using a variety of suitable methods of analysis and media, including both traditional methods, using hand calculations, and computer analysis using proprietary software.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the properties and behaviour of the primary construction materials, i.e. steel, concrete, masonry and timber, such that they can determine the advantages and disadvantages of the use of these materials and should understand the principles of material selection.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the relevant environmental and sustainability objectives, issues and legislation, and their influence on the design process and solutions adopted.
- Demonstrates experience in construction techniques, construction plant and machinery, temporary support systems, material testing procedures, construction programmes, construction sequencing, etc. Ideally through a period of site experience on one or more construction projects.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- take a strategic lead role on large multi-disciplinary projects as well as providing bespoke structural solutions to niche and architectural led concept designs
- provide sustainable development solutions from site selection through to detailed design and construction.
- provide specialist advice and design solutions to our clients on sustainable design, net zero carbon, MMC & DfMA.
You will have the opportunity to work on some of the most exciting and high profile major multi-disciplinary development projects across the region and world,.
We have a broad and well-developed client base spanning across Private and Public sectors and encompassing regional, national, and international clientele.
The ability to make a difference, pro-actively manage requirements and risks and influence others to deliver successfully.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, with good leadership potential capable of communicating effectively with other members of the project team, stakeholders & clients.
- Enthusiasm for delivery of excellence in major national projects and other challenging building projects
- The potential to progress and take a leading role within the structural team and to support wider business initiatives.
- A relevant Masters Degree (MEng/MSc) with a structural design bias.
- A relevant Bachelors Degree (BEng or BSc (Hons)) with a structural design bias and completion of a period of relevant post graduate learning suitable for CEng (MICE or MIStructE) attainment.
- Graduate or Associate membership of either the IStructE or MICE and close to chartership or recently/already chartered.
To discuss this opportunity in greater detail please call 02392 322310 or email your CV to email@example.com.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.