- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £30,000 to £36,000 per annum
SENIOR/PRINCIPAL ECOLOGIST – PERMANENT – £30,000/£36,000 + £4,600 CAR ALLOWANCE – LONDON/GUILDFORD/SOUTH EAST ENGLAND
You will have experience of projects from a range of sectors and be able to liaise directly with stakeholders and other technical disciplines to achieve the best outcome to support the needs of our clients and their projects. A relevant degree or previous consultancy experience, full driving licence, membership of (or eligibility to join) CIEEM and a legal entitlement to work in the UK are essential for this role.
Candidates keen to mentor junior staff are highly desirable, as well those who are proactive at collaborating, have good financial awareness and able efficiently review technical reports.
We are interested in talented ecologists located in South-east England – particularly those with skills such as EcIA, HRA, Class 2 Bat Licence holders, biodiversity net gain or European Protected Species expertise.
Our South-east ecology team work mostly across the counties of Surrey, Sussex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Bucks, Berkshire, Essex and Greater London area delivering a diverse range of exciting projects. Examples of projects we are currently working on include:
- Bat surveys and licences for listed buildings within private estate in Surrey;
- Protected species surveys (GCN, badger) and EPSLs for MOD Firing Range in Essex;
- Ecology surveys, reports and net gain assessments for Masterplan developments in Hertfordshire;
- Dormouse Licence for small residential development in Sussex; and
- Ecology surveys and management plans for SANGs (Suitable Alternative Natural Greenspace) to mitigate adverse impacts upon the Thames Basin Heaths SPA.
We understand how ecologists think and work and have introduced tailored measures to allow the team to fulfil their potential:
- With over 50 permanent ecologists across 12 offices, we work hard to operate as one cohesive team to minimise time away from home, maximise bespoke training and support from our in-house experts regardless of location, and to allow the best people to work on the projects that interest them and deliver them to the highest standards.
- All our teams are successfully working remotely and flexibly at present, and our IT systems enable us to work seamlessly, so your proximity to one of our offices is not a barrier to joining us – we want to focus on your talents & skills, not your postcode.
- Given that all grades of ecologist complete site visits and meetings, we provide cars or car allowances to every member of the team, including for personal use.
- We encourage the development of well-rounded ecologists who can talk about all stages of a project rather than just a niche area.
- Our bat handling licence incentivisation scheme thanks those ecologists who spend time and effort in achieving their licence – we know it’s not easy! And to show our support of personal development, we award a significant financial bonus to anyone achieving Chartered Environmentalist/Ecologist status through CIEEM.
- We also have an established TOIL system which allows ecologists to manage their time to suit their specific personal needs, alongside the seasonal demands of the role.
- We work closely with many other teams, including our own Planners, Archaeologists, Landscape Architects, Masterplanners and Engineers. With a culture of openness, there is always someone within the business who can provide advice and support for almost any query.
Please send your CV to email@example.com or call Aaron on 02392 314675 for consideration.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.