- Reading, United Kingdom
- £45,000 per annum
Job Title: Safety Health Environmental & Quality (SHEQ) Advisor
Job Type: Fixed Term
Industry Sector: Building and Construction
Location, Post Code: Reading
Safety Health Environmental & Quality (SHEQ) Advisor
Our client is one of the leading Building & Civil Engineering Contractors in the UK and is seeking to appoint a SHEQ Advisor to enhance their existing team. This role will be based in Reading and is initially a fixed term contract for 18 months.
Reporting to the Group Health & Safety Manager, the SHEQ Advisor will be an important part of the Project Management team providing support and guidance to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all those involved in the project. This will be achieved by becoming embedded within the team to eliminate risks during the planning of works and engaging with the supply chain at all levels to ensure the highest standards of SHEQ compliance is achieved.
Duties will include:-
- Continual promotion of our health and safety ethos and culture at all levels in the Company and with subcontractors;
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation;
- Review Subcontractor documentation including safe systems of works;
- Help prepare health and safety strategies and the development of internal policies;
- Lead and deliver health & safety initiatives to help raises awareness of risks and hazards;
- Assist in the in-house training of managers and employees;
- Carry out regular site inspections to ensure policies and procedures are being fully implemented;
- Upon request carry out accident / incident investigations.
The successful candidate will possess the following essential qualities:
- Professionally qualified within SHEQ field (NEBOSH/NCRQ, BSc or MSc in Safety);
- Proven track record as an operational SHEQ Advisor within the Construction industry;
- Thorough knowledge of current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation;
- Knowledge of quality standards, audit procedures and integrated management systems;
- Accident and incident investigation experience;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team and to positively influence others;
- IT literate;
- CSCS Card.
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or call me on 02392 314795.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.