- Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
- £20 to £25 per hour
A client of mine in Oxfordshire is looking for a Site Inspector to join their Road Agreements team for a period of 3 months to ensure that new roads and works to existing highways are laid out and constructed in accordance with approved drawings, and to OCC and national design/construction standards, specifications and policies.
To assist the Road Agreements Manager in ensuring that high quality highway infrastructure is delivered and adopted as new highway asset in a timely and efficient manner.
To assist managing and co-ordinating the Road Agreements Team site inspection function, ensuring that all developments sites are inspected in a timely manner.
To assist the Road Agreements manager in ensuring that layouts of new roads and changes to existing roads are built to meet the standards and appropriate contemporary/national urban design standards by working with other officers, developers and local planning authorities.
Qualifications, Training and Knowledge:
- HNC or equivalent level of relevant experience in engineering or Construction discipline or alternative relevant qualification
- CSCS qualification
- City & Guilds Street Works Excavation & Reinstatement (supervisor level)(New Roads & Street works Act 1991)
- Experience of the road adoption process including Section 38, 278 and 219 (private road agreement) of the Highways Act 1980
- Extensive Civil Engineering construction site experience, including sound understanding of highway infrastructure
- A working understanding and experience of road construction design and specifications and other associated infrastructure and its construction application
- Extensive experience and understanding of highway construction materials, their properties and uses
- Experience of liaising and negotiating with developers/civil engineering contractors to resolve technically complex construction related problems
- Extensive experience in the use, interpretation and amendment of technically complex civil engineering drawings.
- Basic understanding of the relevant sections highway law relating to the function of this post.
- Experience and understanding of NRSWA in relation to highway infrastructure works
Please note this role falls inside IR35.
To apply for this position please submit your up to date CV via email email@example.com or contact Karen Otton on 02392 314795
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.