- West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- Undisclosed per annum
£80m Private Rental Scheme (PRS)
Negotiable Salary depending on background
This is a great opportunity for an experienced tier 1 site manager to work on a large four building development in Leeds. This is an urban village development, consisting of 744 apartments across four buildings, with associated landscaped areas.
You will likely have worked on other large-scale redevelopment / regeneration schemes for a top tier main contractor, ideally as a site manager or senior site manager. You have come from a trades background and be well versed in managing subcontractors, liaising with senior management in relation to build issues and be able to monitor effectively the strict health & safety on site.
This project is not due to finish until June 2019, with plenty of scope for further large projects upon completion.
- Reporting to the construction manager, supervise site-based trades / labour and contractors
- Monitoring of Health & Safety, Environmental & Sustainability
- Methodology selection and preparation, reviewing RAMS & COSHH assessments
- Manage work done records, built records and diaries
- Mentor & develop Site Engineers, Graduates and trainees
- Toolbox talks and daily safety / method briefings
- Management and assistance to site engineers and finishing managers, checking setting out and quality
- SMSTS / CSCS
- Ideally a relevant construction qualification (Construction Management Degree / Engineering / NVQ)
- Membership of relevant industry body (CIOB)
- Knowledge of JCT Contracts
- First Aid at work
- Experience gained within a main contractor as section / block / site manager
- Knowledge of producing short term programmes and amending to suit (MS Project) is desirable
For more information relating to this prestigious scheme please contact James at Stride Resourcing.
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.