- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £30 to £32 per hour
A client of mine in Hammersmith is looking to recruit a Surveyor on a 3-month initial contract. The position as a Surveyor will be to participate as a member of the Property team to undertake a wide range of Building Surveying Services, Specification writing Enforcement Inspections, Repairs Diagnostics and related Project Management duties. You will proactively engage with customers, leaseholders, tenants and all related Officers such as Housing Management, Legal Services, Leasehold Services, Social Services (Adults & Children’s Services) and the Home-Buy Team in the delivery of the Repairs Service.
What you will do:
- Provide professional and technical advice and reports on all matters within the functionality of the service, including undertaking the role of professional or expert witness at hearings, adjudications and legal proceedings etc
- Oversee the project management and preparation of design requirements, specifications, and the preparation of building related drawings to satisfy all regulations, standards and codes of practice, for the purpose of repair and refurbishment to council owned buildings.
- Carry out Project Management duties and ensure responsibilities in respect of the CD Regulations 2015 are fully met ensuring that partners are competent to carry out their responsibilities under the CDM legislation
- Assist the Team with:
- Determination of landlord’s licence applications for alterations
- Determination of remedies in the event of breaches of lease and/or tenancy obligations
- Party wall matters
- Rights to light
- Scaffold licences
- Site inspections
- Repairs Diagnostics managing Disrepair cases too,
- Specification writing and tendering of works in compliance with the Standing Orders and financial Regulations
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- Degree or Surveying qualification
- Demonstrate relevant experience gained in a social housing context.
- Experience of Project Management of complex remedial works
- Knowledge & experience of Building Regulations
- Experience in undertaking building surveying, including undertaking inspections, diagnosing defects, identifying breaches in lease and building standards, specifying remedial works
- Ability to promote positive relationships and effective teamwork
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or press apply.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.