- Somerset, United Kingdom
- £24 per hour
A client of mine in based in Wells is looking to recruit a Surveyor on an initial 3-month contract.
The position as a Surveyor will be undertaking surveys with heavy involvement with building pathology which includes intrusive investigations and report writing throughout our Somerset stock. Areas of responsibility required will be to deliver one off projects with internal teams and external contractors as a result of your investigations for each property defect diagnosis.
- To ensure that the quality of the maintenance services provided to all customers is of the highest possible quality
- Proactively responding to complaints for customers ensuring they are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure services provided remain flexible and responsive to changing patterns of demand and expectation
- Undertake domestic and commercial building surveys as required to provide advice on matters such as construction defects, disrepair and dilapidations
- Produce detailed reports concerning findings including options for remedial solutions with cost estimates and proposals regarding safe methods of work
- To ensure that the management of all maintenance works contracts meet all required standards of performance, including audit, time, cost, quality and customer satisfaction
- To assist with the preparation and present of accurate management information and reports for Boards, the Executive and other external stakeholders as required
- To work closely with the Finance team on all aspects of portfolio area budgets
- To conduct suitable sufficient risk assessments (including stress assessments) for their area of operations, record the findings and reduce risk to an acceptable level
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- Relevant technical (HNC or higher) qualification in Building, Surveying, Planning or similar technical field
- RICS or CIOB membership
- Supervision of maintenance and improvements programmes in occupied dwellings
- Carrying out structural surveys and preparing subsequent reports
- Supervision of multi-trade contracts from initial offer to closure
- Performance Management relating to employees, contracts and delivery
- Current methods, standards and initiatives relating to repair and refurbishment of residential dwellings
- Building survey methodologies
- Project Management Techniques
- Full Driving Licence with own vehicle
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or press apply.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.