Trades Supervisor – Housing
- Hampshire, United Kingdom
- £33,123 per annum
A client of mine who is a Large Housing Association is looking to recruit a Trades Supervisor/Team Leader to work for them on a Permanent basis. You will be responsible to 10 Trades within the business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the direct supervision of operatives, ensuring that they are fully supported, have the correct materials and equipment to complete planned maintenance works safely, but also to have the ability to identify and complete other repairs if required. In addition, regularly assess the skills of each operative and provide coaching and training to up-skill where possible.
The portfolio of this role includes the following areas:
- Planned maintenance (kitchen and bathroom replacements)
- Major voids
- Minor work
- Insurance work
- Aids & Adaptations
- Work to home owners, leaseholders and market rent customers
The Team Leader will manage a team of operatives to deliver planned maintenance programmes safely, effectively and efficiently. Strong customer liaison is required as is a focus on improving customer satisfaction. Decisions made at this level include:
- Operational capability of team
- Kitchen/bathroom designs
- What staffing or process changes are required to improve operational performance, and how to implement them
- Working with colleagues in other parts of the business to achieve operational outcomes
The following experience and qualifications are essential to this role:
- Relevant academic qualification and/or extensive relevant experience
- Proven track record of managing a large team.
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal and external customers. Understands and anticipates the needs of customers.
- Demonstrates co-operation and trust with colleagues and teams. Participates as a team player and establishes strong working relationships to deliver positive results.
- Adapts to changing priorities and work demands. Identifies opportunities to initiate change for the benefit of the business.
- Provides feedback to team members on their learning and the impact on their performance.
- Leads through example
- Empowers their team to achieve goals
- Actively seeks and acts upon feedback
- Motivates their team to achieve their goals and objectives
- Demonstrates positive commitment to the organisation’s goals
- Performance Management relating to employees, contracts and delivery
- Co-ordinating Health and Safety
- Working knowledge of current Health and Safety with particular reference to the building and construction sector
- Understanding of the importance of customer focussed service delivery
- Ability to prioritise, organise and deliver to challenging targets
- Confident user of IT and Microsoft products
- Creative and practical problem-solving ability
- Demonstrable commitment to customer service
- Able to provide a flexible approach to work, and occasionally undertake work outside normal office hours
- Has a current, full driving license or the ability to travel around the local vicinity
To apply for this position please email over an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 02392322318.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.