Training and Competency Manager
- West Midlands, United Kingdom
- £55,000 per annum
Training and Competency Manager – Midlands – Salary TBD on conversation
A very exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Training and Competency Manager to take over management of the training team within a very respected training and assessment company in the Midlands area.
The business has a great reputation in the industry and are utilised by a range of clients within the Rail market as their go to Training company for Permanent Way training and assessment requirements.
This is a great opportunity for someone to take the reins on Training and Competency within a very well established and respected business whilst having a key influencing position on the future success of the company.
The industry needs more competent rail engineers – you will be playing your part in the development of them!
In this position the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties;
- Management of all training and competence delivery for the business ensuring that company personnel comply with industry and legislative requirements.
- Management of trainers and assessors to ensure successful day-to-day training and assessment delivery, including Track Safety Trainer(s) and administrators
- Assessing and identifying all internal training and development needs
- Selecting and managing resources, including working with employees and training associates to develop and deliver training
- Maintaining existing and developing new client relationships
- Identifying training needs by consulting with the clients
- Effective coordination of training and development programmes for our clients.
- Creation, implementation, and improvement of all training and assessment materials including company practical sites in collaboration with the trainers and assessors
- Maintaining the company On-line Learning portal and course information on the website
- Monitor, support and develop all trainers and assessors
- Undertake the role of Sentinel Scheme Manager
- Liaise with the Quality Manager to maintain registration of the company on the ROATP
You will also be accountable for the following;
- Ensuring course material is compliant with client requirements and legislation
- Liaise with the Health and Safety representative to ensure Health and Safety compliance with industry and legal requirements
- Ensure compliance with the RTAS rules
- Sentinel Scheme Management in accordance with Sentinel Scheme Rules:
- Manage the sponsorship of all Sentinel cardholders to ensure compliance with Sentinel Scheme Rules.
- Support the Quality Manager in maintaining RISQS accreditation
- Undertake training and assessment delivery when emergency cover is required
- Management Qualification
- Training qualification Level 4
- Assessor Qualification Level 3
- Internal Verifier or Internal Quality Assurance
- Managing Safely
- Full clean UK driving licence
- NEBOSH Diploma
- A minimum of ten years permanent way experience in Plain Line and S&C
- A minimum of five years’ experience in training and assessment
- Experience in developing training courses covering different learning styles/needs and development programmes
- Experience in carrying out formal assessments to national standards
- Knowledge of learning and development best practices
- Knowledge of training methodology and a proven track record of training management
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent written, communication, and “people” skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- Excellent IT skills
- Budget and report writing skills
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.