- South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- £20,000 to £20,700 per annum
The client is a supply partner to some of the world’s best-known names. Our partners know us to be expert in the services we provide – giving them the confidence to pursue their business objectives, while we support them with bespoke solutions.
As a result of our success we are seeking enthusiastic and experienced Warehouse Operatives to work at our Doncaster site.
Pension 3% employer 5% employee
23 days holidays increasing to 25 after 5 years (plus Bank Holidays)
Operate efficiently and accurately to the standard operating procedures within the logistics function to ensure delivery of high levels of internal and external customer satisfaction. To work throughout the Logistics warehouse function at Doncaster to deliver and exceed our KPI’s and SLA’s. To have a flexible approach to working environment and working patterns to continually fulfil and exceed customer requirements.
Role and Responsibilities
- Perform accurately all material processing tasks including receipt of material, put away, perpetual inventory checking, picking, packing and despatch.
- Undertake stock checking and relocation of inventory tasks as directed. When requested carry out checks both electronic & physical, retrieving the required data, taking photographs/measurements if necessary.
- To operate over the days and hours of cover as deemed necessary by the customer’s business and to be available on-call for out of hours cover on a roster if required. To be prepared to swap shifts to cover absence/annual leave. Have a flexible approach over lunch/coffee breaks, ensuring that the task at hand / customer comes first. To ensure the Warehouse does not fail to complete picking & loading each day, stopping back occasionally to ensure this if needed.
- Respond to out-of-course customer requirements as necessary and ensure all order processing and delivery activity is duly organized and that customer communication is effective and timely.
- To undertake the duties of the Senior Operative at times of their absence from the business to ensure the operation continues to deliver excellent SLA performance.
- To be, when required, responsible for organising transport, via Bibby, giving the necessary weights, dimensions, & address details.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities within the Warehouse to improve the processes in the operation, and/or increase customer satisfaction, using whenever possible the tools & techniques, to solve issues/challenges, at your own level.
- To undertake all tasks – including housekeeping – and others as required by the Senior Operative and Manager within the warehouse complex in a manner which maintains at all times the safety of yourself and work colleagues.
- Work in a safe manner, taking reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other people at work, following appropriate Health and Safety guidance, training and company rules and procedures as appropriate.
- Report any accidents, hazards or dangerous / unsafe behaviour to your line manager immediately.
- Knowledge of modern warehouse processes.
- An ability to communicate at all levels within the Company.
- Customer focused.
- Relevant MHE license(s) holder including Counterbalance, Man-Up, Bendi, Crane and WAV.
- Flexible approach to working patterns.
- Ability to work under own initiative and unsupervised.
- Can work to deadlines.
- Team player.
- Knowledge of the tools and techniques, including Continuous Improvement.
- (CI) Our Contribution Counts (OCC’s), GOTW’s.
- IT literate including – Excel, Word, Google & SAP.
Knowledge of SOPs and Work Instructions in the warehouse Logistics function.
As a valued employee of
you can look forward to a varied and rewarding career with a company that holds the Investors in People accreditation and also world class status in employee engagement.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.