Waste Facilities and Enforcement Manager
- Newry, Mourne And Down, United Kingdom
- £21 to £22 per hour
A client of mine in Newry is looking to recruit a Waste Facilities and Enforcement Manager on a 4-Month initial contract. The position as a Waste Facilities and Enforcement Manager will be responsible for the effective leadership and management of services within the area of Waste Facilities and Enforcement, and includes: Management of Waste Recycling Facilities, Waste Disposal Facilities and Bring Site locations.
What you will do:
- Responsible for day-to day management of Household Recycling Centres within the local area ensuring no contamination to land, air and water.
- Ensuring sites are compliant with site licence conditions as issued by licensing authority and that sites operate within conditions of a site operational plan.
- Ensure that processes at the sites to receive and handle wastes are appropriate and developed to ensure that the client’s recycling targets are met
- Responsible for ensuring a planned maintenance schedule is in place for all aspects of site operation including building, grounds, equipment and CCTV maintenance.
- Responsible for the management of landfill sites in the local area, whether closed or operational; including, closure plans, restoration plans, financial provision and on-going management of sites after closure.
- Responsible for the development and enforcement of initiatives to monitor existing recycling initiatives and systems, with intention to ensure best returns and lowest contamination rates for various recycling and waste streams.
Your experience will include:
- A degree (or equivalent) in Environmental Management, Environmental Science, Civil Engineering or similar
- Previous experience in the Waste Management/Facilities Management industry
- Experience leading a team
- Current Driving Licence
- Confident and knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications
- Flexible approach to working hours.
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or press apply.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.