- Bedford, United Kingdom
- £50,000 to £55,000 per annum
Area Manager – Tarmac / Surfacing / Highways Maintenance
£50,000 – £55,000, Car or Car Allowance
(Highways National Contractor)
JOB TITLE: Area Manager (Capital Works)
REPORTING TO: Operational Manager
Front line responsibility for all capital works on the HE East contract including pavement schemes, structures, technology, street lighting, soft estate and drainage.
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To manage the day to day capital works operations on the Highways England East Maintenance and Response Contract. To plan, control, manage and co-ordinate all operational activities in line with company policy including costs Vs value, processes and procedures.
- Personnel safety and safety of all personnel under your authority including others who may be affected by operational activities
- To direct resources of people, vehicle, plant, materials, sub-contractors and premises, to achieve the aims and objectives of the contract business plan
- Ensure that operations are carried out in a commercially astute manner ensuring best value
- Carry out investigations or report writing as required and as requested by direct line management
- Produce draft business cases to assist with safety and operational improvements
- Undertake operational site audits to ensure compliance with safety and quality standards and in line with company policies
- Ensure that site measurements/valuations are recorded and promptly processed, good commercial and financial processes are followed.
- Assist management with presentations for briefing sessions and safety stand down days
- Compliance with the company’s policies and procedures
- Preparation and modification of Risk Assessments, Method Statements and COSHH assessments in association with the local safety advisor
- Represent the Company at meetings with client representatives, the general public and representatives of other organisations or authorities as necessary
- Ensure all work is completed to the highest standard with good productivity levels
- Front line responsibility for service delivery of winter maintenance and emergency response activities including standby duties as required.
- Willingly carry out any reasonable task as requested by a member of the management team
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Financial returns in line with budget, including DSO
- Financial reporting carried out within the clients timetable
- Material, Labour and Plant / Vehicle costs management improving in line with business plan and vehicle damage costs reducing to negligible levels.
- Safety performance measures in line with Safety Objectives and statutory reporting.
- Monitoring in line with principals of ISO 14001, 9001, 45001, 44001.
- Hands on and active support for colleagues and especially their direct team
- A professional approach, commensurate with a management role in a major company.
- Meeting deadlines and developing operational improvements as a matter of course.
- Taking an active involvement in the wider industry
- A personal approach and style of management that ensures they are a role model for others in the team
- Consistently working at a level consistent with, or higher than, agreed service levels (as agreed as objectives at Appraisals or at other times)
- Achieving Business Plan Objectives
- Must be computer literate and identify urgent requests and actions
- Strictly adhere to all Company Procedures
- At all times, in-line with the Company Culture, support the Company Visions and
Values and promote to all colleagues
- Create and Promote Partnership Vision and Values to achieve success
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, please call Josh Moss on 02392 322389, or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.