Asset Planning Manager
- Portsmouth, United Kingdom
- £60,000 to £75,000 per annum
We deliver Asset Management, Facilities Management and Energy Solutions across two global organisations, but we have the ethos of a small business where our people are valued and empowered to succeed. It’s a great place to work and we bring opportunity to all our team.
What’s the role all about:
Responsible for developing the long term approach to managing assets, this role aligns directly with a ky stakeholder for the structural groups of assets.
The Asset Planning Manager will identify the asset and asset-system related activities that are necessary to deliver long term value and support the delivery of the Asset Management Strategy & Objectives.
Through assessing and setting the scope and technical requirements of the estate output to meet future forecasted demand they are responsible for producing asset management plans containing lifecycle replacement plans and maintenance strategies and embedded Asset Life Cycle Plans for critical structural infrastructure.
They will provide the Authority with transparency and knowledge of their Structural assets allowing them to make informed decisions that reduce operating costs and allow the prioritisation of investment in a resource constrained environment.
You will inspire innovation and build strong and trusted relationships to enable the development of modern, data led, solutions and services in alignment with ISO 55000.
- Support the Authority in the development of the Estates Management Plan (EMP), the Strategic Asset Management Plan (SAMP) and Asset Management Policy, Strategy & Objectives
- Engage with key internal and external stakeholders to understand strategic drivers of Portsmouth Naval Base
- Support the Authority in producing Asset Management Plans (AMPs) and Asset Lifecycle Plans
- Support the Strategic Estates Programme Management Office in the development of the 20 year Infrastructure Programme based on the requirements and outputs of the EMP and AMPs.
- Act as a mentor for Structural Asset Engineers
- Support Safe To Operate (STO) Engineering Decisions
- To support the acceptance of new and remedial works/projects in the Structural environment
- Inform and advise maintenance regimes on critical structural assets
- Provide as required technical support to the delivery of Structural projects and programmes
- Engage with specialist Structural suppliers and support Project Managers as required to deliver Investment Appraisals and Assessment Studies used to develop the Infrastructure Programme
Your key experience will be:
- You will be a Chartered Engineer with discipline experience of structural and civils systems as a manager within the construction / facilities / asset management industry at strategic, operational and tactical levels
- In leading engineering activity across Structural assets and project lifecycles with a focus on benefit realization to deliver the required estate and programme outcomes
- In maintaining a system of systems viewpoint while understanding component level detail when required
- In assuring compliance to all relevant statutory and regulatory legislation within a structural and built infrastructure environment
- In safely satisfying operational demands in an uncertain climate with new and aged infrastructure
- In approving standards & specifications for use by other internal departments
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.