Assistant Project Manager
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £238 per day
My client is looking for an Assistant Project Manager to join their team on a contract basis. This is an exciting opportunity to join them working on some of their main projects. You should essentially be from a rail, automotive, manufacturing or aeronautical background
– Responsible for delivery of project/programme workstream activity and assigned work packages in the wider context of the overall project or programme.
– Supports various project delivery activities with the assigned project or programme on a day-to-day basis, including but not limited to issue resolution, progress reporting, risk management, budget management and on-schedule achievement of project deliverables.
– Responsible for identifying emerging issues, problems or variance to the agreed project objectives, plan, budget and scope; and where appropriate, providing recommendations and escalate to the Project Manager/Senior Project Manager for potential courses of action.
– Responsible for supporting the Project Manager/Senior Project Manager in their project reporting and governance accountabilities, including but not limited to progress reporting, risk and issue management, budget and financial management, planning and scheduling and document control.
– Responsible for supporting the Project Manager/Senior Project Manager in building effective relationships with the project Sponsor team and other key stakeholders.
– Works in accordance of the LU PPM Methodology (Pathway) and to relevant corporate/London Underground
– Responsible for compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and contributing to the Health and Safety culture
– Knowledge and understanding of project and programme management methodologies and their practical application in a transport setting.
– Knowledge and understanding of project controls tools and techniques.
– Understanding of LU project and programme management methodologies and processes.
– Degree or equivalent qualification (desirable)
– A professional qualification in project management e.g APMP or Prince2 (desirable)
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.