Building Manager – Portsmouth
- Portsmouth, United Kingdom
- £25,000 to £28,000 per annum
Residential – Leasehold
up to £28,000 DoE
Are you a Building Manager, Estate Manager, or Site Caretaker looking for a new opportunity? Do you have experience in looking after residential properties? Do you have experience of maintenance projects on properties? Then don’t look anywhere else!
My client, an excellent Property Management company, are seeking a knowledgeable and skilled Building Manager/Estate Manager to look after one of their developments in Portsmouth, Hampshire.
- Coordinating the day to day running of the buildings liaising with the Property Manager to ensure the site is actively maintained and that all tasks are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Working closely with the Property Manager on the overseeing of any section 20 major works projects and ensuring that items identified on the planned maintenance schedule are undertaken on time.
- Overseeing of contractors and site staff, monitoring the work and performance and making sure they are working safely.
- Keeping detailed records.
- Undertake daily site checks/walk arounds inspecting all internal /external communal areas/public right of way areas for damage, health and safety risks, cleanliness, faults to equipment and ensuring all external entrance doors to the buildings are self-closing so maintaining security.
- Manage the purchase of day-to-day items (e.g., building and maintenance materials / lamps and cleaning materials).
- Carry out system testing around the Estate including Emergency lighting/Smoke Vents if required.
- Monitor and access the CCTV as required.
- Ensure the service charge funds are not spent in services on premises that have been demised to leaseholders (i.e., inside apartments) and therefore their responsibility.
You will require:
- Have a wide understanding of the building industry, including knowledge of materials, trades, building methods and legal requirements.
- Excellent observational skills to be able to pay attention to detail when checking work and materials.
- Good organisational and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and negotiating skills with the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with staff at all levels.
- Good IT skills
- Be physically fit and comfortable working at heights.
- Minimum education to BTEC HNC/HND or similar in Construction
- City and Guilds, IPAF or any other constructed related qualifications are beneficial
- IOSH/NEBOSH or any other H&S qualifications are highly desirable
- Full and clean Driving Licence
You will receive:
- Salary up to £28,000 DoE
- Supportive working team
- Qualification progression and development
- Study support
- Working hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm, including a 30 min lunch break
For more information please contact James West on 02392 314 671, or firstname.lastname@example.org
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.