Building Safety Manager
- Bristol City, United Kingdom
- £40,000 to £45,000 per annum
A client of mine who is a Large Housing Association currently has some great opportunities to join as a Building Safety Manager within our Property Services Directorate. These are Brand new positions within the organisation due to legislations changing and now requiring these positions to maintain ultimate safety for all tenants.
Despite the position being worked from home right now, when things are back to normal, the locations are; Hampshire, Christchurch, Bristol, Poole and Newbury, they can be flexible on your base location when we do start to safely return to the workplace. In time, there will be travel required between our offices and sites so you should be comfortable with this and have access to transport.
You’ll provide the Safety information, assurance and management control regarding the building safety management of its properties in scope of Building a Safer Future legislation.
With your expert safety knowledge you’ll deliver safety activity across a number of our buildings engaging with key stakeholders and customers, ensuring relationships are built and transparency is evident.
This is a responsible and accountable role, and will be a ‘Licensable’ position within the Building Safer legislation to manage a key risk within the organisation.
What you’ll need:
- A qualification at Level 4 or above in a transferable background such as Housing Management, Fire Safety, Building maintenance/Surveying or in Operations, Project management, Social care
- A ‘positive can do’ attitude and motivation to provide safer homes
- Ability to understand basic technical information
- Drive for continuous improvement in career and ability to complete defined further education at a Level 6 which may be a legal requirement of the future role
- 3-5 years’ experience in area of expertise
- A good understanding of the different building construction types
- Knowledge of fire behaviour and dangers of smoke
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and through report writing
- Ability to extract, manipulate and understand data
- Keen eye for detail and an inquisitive mind
What you’ll get:
- £450 yearly flexible benefit pot to use against benefits of your choice
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays (with an extra day every year up to 30 days)
- Chance to buy or sell holiday as part of our flexible benefits package
- Generous matching pension scheme up to 12% and life cover
- Flexible working
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or call me on 02392322318
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.