- Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
- £17 to £25 per hour
Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
2 month contract
£competitive; Inside IR35
Are you a Building Surveyor looking for your next exciting opportunity? My client is looking for a professional Building Surveyor for a 2 month placement in Gateshead, Tyne and Wear.
- Carrying out inspections, investigations and surveys to diagnose and remedy building defects in relation to high rise fire safety.
- To evaluate proposals from manufacturers and subcontractors to remedy building defects.
- To prepare estimates for planned works including budget and life-cycle costs.
- To produce reports, develop specifications and suitable scope of works packages following analysis of repairs data, asset data, H&S risk assessments or survey data.
- Produce full working drawings using AutoCAD.
- To undertake research and development into maintenance solutions and the promotion of these.
- To procure in accordance with The Gateshead Housing Company’s contract procedural rules and construction protocol.
- To assist the Contract Administrator in the preparation of tender documentation.
- To undertake inspection of works in progress and completed works to ensure these have been completed to a satisfactory standard and in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- To liaise with interested stakeholders and contractors to ensure compliance with Health, Safety and CDM legislation and any other statutory contractual obligations such as planning or building control consent etc.
- Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
You will need:
- Qualified to degree level in Building Surveying
- CSCS card or equivalent safety qualification
- Driving license and vehicle
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer care skills with the ability to direct and influence operatives on site.
- IT skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office and competent in the use of AutoCAD.
- Providing excellent customer service.
- A sound knowledge of current Fire Safety Regulations and Technical Guidance.
If you require further information, please get in contact with James West on 02392 314 671, or email@example.com.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.