Building Surveyor (Repairs)
- Portsmouth, United Kingdom
- £15 to £20 per hour
Building Surveyor (Repairs)
£29,558 – £32,778 (5 month contract)
Start 25th November
Are you a Building Surveyor looking for a new opportunity? Do you have good building surveying knowledge and relevant surveying experience of managing repairs? My client is looking for a Building Surveyor to join their repairs and maintenance teams, in Portsmouth, Hampshire.
- You will carry out a wide range of surveying duties across varied housing stock as well as own portfolio of leasehold and commercial properties
- Maintain and improve our properties, ensure the right repair at the right time and help provide suitable homes when needed.
- You will predominantly be surveying housing stock, evaluating and diagnosing what work is required, assessing the best options to carry out the work and issuing response repairs.
- You will also be required to prepare specifications for planned maintenance schemes, gaining quotations and managing a varied range of projects.
- The type of projects you will be allocated to manage will range from general repair and decorations to external and communal areas and may include fire upgrading work, window replacement, re-roofing, electrical work, extensions, fencing or structural repairs.
- The value of individual schemes you will be responsible for managing will range up to £50,000. Typically planned projects you will be allocated will have a contract value of £10,000
What is on offer?
- You will be provided with opportunities to work on a varied range of projects and property types including social housing dwellings and various leasehold and commercial assets that we manage.
- You will undertake Energy Performance Certificates, Fire Risk Assessments and asbestos surveys as well as surveys to identify building defects, assess quality of work undertaken and offer solutions to resolve any issues identified.
- You will be supported by providing training and CPD opportunities to continue to develop the surveying skills you have already acquired. If you are not qualified we are committed to helping you gain chartered membership of the RICS or CIOB.
- You will receive 26 days annual leave + bank holidays, and flexible working
You will need
- Qualification in building or construction
- Construction related health & safety legislation knowledge
- Practical surveying skills that can be demonstrated; specifically be able to carry out stock data and measured surveys, accurately recording stock data as appropriate.
- Contract administration knowledge and demonstrate you can manage an individual building contract using either a JCT or NEC contract.
- AutoCAD or similar drawing packages capability to be able to produce basic planning and building regulations drawings and be able to design a practical layout to meet a customer brief.
- Communication skills and demonstrate the ability to be a good communicator and assertive when working with contractors, staff and our Housing and Property Services customers.
- Full driving licence and provide a car for work, as you will be visiting various sites across Portsmouth and will need to travel effectively between them.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to t