Business Improvement Manager
- Hampshire, United Kingdom
- £55,000 to £60,000 per annum
Business Improvement Manager – Nr. Fareham – £55,000 + Car/Car Allow. + Benefits – Permanent
My client is a leading provider of hard facilities services and is looking for an experienced Business Improvement Manager to identify and implement business improvement opportunities through the application of lean methodologies in key areas of service delivery on a prestigious and long standing total facilities management contract.
Joining my client at a pivotal moment you will play an integral role in developing and implementing tactical improvements to service delivery in specific areas such as driving technical innovation, energy and sustainability and processes with a focus on improvements to service performance and quality.
Working closely with the leadership team and client, which is a technology led business you, will lead structured Improvement activities and use lean Six Sigma methods to deliver efficiencies and process improvements, attending and reporting at periodic meetings and ensuring that actions are recorded and completed in accordance within agreed timescales
An innovative thinker with the ability to establish, implement and monitor high standards of excellence in areas of quality and operational performance you will have a background in a similar role within Facilities management and/or a highly regulated environment.
To apply for this position or to make initial enquiries then contact Rob Hutchings on 02392 314679 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
As discussed, see below the Job Description for the Position as Business Improvement Manager for Emcor UK on their NATS Contract. Please note that this is a generic JD and isn’t as specific as it could be.
- NATS/Emcor contract since 2003 – includes all service lines from Technical (M&E) Project, Maintenance and Life cycle asset replacement to soft services such as cleaning, security and catering.
- Contract up for retender although Emcor confident in this but recognise some areas of weakness which need addressing – these include technical innovation, energy & sustainability, process improvements and workplace
- Emcor employ circa 250 people across three sites which are Whitely, Swanwick and Prestwick (likely monthly travel to Prestwick – flights from S’ton to Glasgow)
- Strong partnership with NATS looking for someone to challenge the status quo
- Emcor recognise the need for improvement
- Focus is on improvements, service quality and value for money rather than purely financial
- Based at Whitely
Salary: £55,000 although some flexibility could be adopted here, plus Car allowance circa £5,000
Please let me know your thoughts.
Duties / Responsibilities / Accountabilities / Deliverables
We are currently recruiting for a Business Improvement Manager to join our team in Whiteley working Monday – Friday 08:00am – 17:00pm equating to 40 hours per week.
To identify and implement business improvement opportunities through the application of lean methodologies,
To continually improve the efficiency of existing services and to explore business opportunities to maximise contract scope and implement lean practice in all existing deliveries in conjunction with contractual SLA’s. Introduce and implement innovations to assist in meeting the client’s objectives and to deliver and demonstrate value for money. In conjunction with the SME to develop existing processes and procedures including safety, operations and procurement leading to best practice across all sites.
Duties / Responsibilities / Accountabilities / Deliverables
Support the Line Manager in the day to day implementation of EMCOR policies, procedures and standards necessary to maintain the integrity of ongoing operational activities and provide high quality service to customers in accordance with:
Ø EMCOR Integrated Management System
Ø EMCOR Employee Handbook
Ø BS 11000 (leading the implementation in 2016)
Ø EMCOR Key Account Management Plan (KAM) and Contract
Ø Legislative and EMCOR Safety Procedures
Ø EMCOR central lean project Team outputs
- Target key existing EMCOR clients where opportunities exist to enhance the scope of the contract. Seek out and pursue opportunities for business improvement and where necessary collate information and intelligence for use by EMCOR central functions in conjunction with Operations Manager
- Develop a suite of contract-based reporting tools linked to KAM, SLA’s, Period reporting, underpinned by BS 11000 protocols
- Develop and maintain contacts at the appropriate levels within the contract and exploit business opportunities
- Develop and implement tactical improvements to the operations and monitor and report on such improvements to assess their impact
- With procurement and operations, establish, maintain and report on a subcontract risk register, liaising with sub-contract group as appropriate
- Liaise with and support management colleagues on value, cost saving and labour deployment initiatives,
- Lead Structured Improvement Activities and act in the capacity of a ‘Lean Six Sigma SME to deliver efficiencies and process improvements
- Attend and report at periodic meetings and ensure that actions are recorded and completed in accordance with agreed timescales
- Submit timely ad hoc reports to the relevant manager / department and prepare business cases for use by EMCOR’s team
- Be responsible for the development of an ‘Improvement’ Visual Management Board and ensure appropriate reporting methodology
- Support the submission of tenders for growth opportunities
Ensure documentation and submissions are of high quality and that work is done in line with EMCOR’s principles of Making the Customer’s Live Easier
- Ideally the candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent
- Knowledge of customer operations and commercial awareness
- The ability to establish, implement and monitor high standards of excellence in areas of quality, safety and operational performance
- Knowledge (working towards) recognised lean technique application
- The candidate must be articulate, numerate and have high levels of IT technical ability
- Have good people management, team-work, decision-making and communications skills. Be resilient under pressure and be able to converse confidently with staff, suppliers and customers at all levels
- The ability to obtain information from multiple, relevant sources is essential
- The candidate must be a motivated self starter with a willingness to train, update and improve themselves for the benefit of the contract
- Ability to think and react to immediate problems and issues without losing sight of or compromising long term goals
- High standard of personal integrity and professionalism with the adaptability to change
- The ability to make decisions and solve problems – analysing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- The ability to organise, plan and prioritise work within a time critical environment
Other Factors relevant to the job:
Travel to all sites required and may include UK-wide travel to other accounts, travel to head office locations and/or training venues.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.