Clerk of Works
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £25 per hour
Clerk of Works
Contract: 2 months
£competitive daily rate
- To the close out of post contract, post practical completion and defect liability period defects, ensuring that these are recorded and completed in accordance with the design, standards and legislation.
- Responsible for the monitoring, recording and completion of defects during the defect liability period.
- Oversee and monitor the quality of the Capital Programme Works
- Ensure plans and specifications are followed correctly and work is carried out in compliance with requirements, in particular regarding quality and health & safety.
- Ensure consultants and contractors carry out work as required and as contracted.
- Support, demonstrate and propagate new ways of working and actively participate in implementing organisational change within the Capital Programme Works Service and across the Residents Services Directorate as a whole.
- Undertake site visits and inspections to ensure compliance with the contract specification and drawings, current legislation, current standards and policies as they relate to the Capital Programme Works related projects.
- Attend site meetings and maintain accurate records in order to prepare progress reports on site activities and all other related issues to the appropriate supervising manager/stakeholder.
- Carry out regular inspections of the work being undertaken at the allocated sites, comparing work underway or completed with drawings and specifications.
- Any many more duties in line with the role.
You will need:
- Construction/Surveying/property related Higher Education Qualification, Construction Trade Certificate and a CSCS card or equivalent experience.
- Relevant professional qualification in a discipline covering building and construction e,g MICWCI, RICS
- Experience of managing construction or building and related projects.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Sound understanding of building regulations.
- A disciplined approach to time and workload management.
- Hold a valid UK Driver’s Licence, and be okay with travel
If the above role is applicable, click “apply now“.
For more information please contact James West on 02392 314 671, email: email@example.com.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.