Construction Manager – Track
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £300 to £320 per day
Construction Manager Role Purpose
The Construction Manager owns the Construction Programme, plans and supervises the works to achieve delivery of the project in accordance with that programme, in a timely fashion, to the required standard of quality, within the financial budget set, whilst adhering to all Corporate Standards & Health and Safety Legislation etc.
The role is required to manage construction of various projects across London Rail. The construction manager will require sound knowledge of multiple disciplines including Track, Civil, Mechanical and Electrical to carry out his role effectively. The CM will also work with numerous internal and external stakeholders, which will offer the successful candidate significant opportunity to implement a range of existing skills and develop further professionally
To Supervise/monitor construction works (both on and off track) to ensure the safety of the railway is maintained and works are undertaken to the approved designs in accordance with HSE legislation & Network Rail Group line/ LUL, Tram and DLR standards.
- Issue instructions and variations to the supplier via the project team as well as maintain records and agree valuation of additional / varied works.
- Agree measurement and valuation of contract works and assessment of claims
- Liaise with LUL Stakeholders, ORR, LFEPA, statutory authorities and other interested third parties/stakeholders
- Plan and co-ordinate possessions and occupations of the Railway
- Review designs to ensure constructability. Following Contract award, arrange and attend “Constructability” walk through with relevant Design Engineer and Supplier to confirm the proposed Design(s) are “Constructible”.
- Manage the relevant Project construction team and monitor all construction and or Installation works to ensure safety of Railway is maintained and works are undertaken to the approved designs in accordance with HSE legislation & LUL standards/procedures
- Review and agree Construction Programmes, method statements, temporary works proposals, ITPs and all other relevant Site documentation.
- Administration of the contract undertaking day-to-day communication on Site, Programme and contractual matters with Principal Contractor and appropriate Sub-contracting Companies.
- Perform duties of the ‘Principle Contractor’ under CDM Regulations when required.
- Interface with all elements of the Project Team to ensure that drivers for Construction deliverables are supplied to programme as directed by the relevant Project Manager.
- Liaise with the depot and other stakeholders to apprise them of the project plan
- Keep track of construction progress against programme and report to Lead Construction Manager in timely manner as directed by him.
- Day to day engagement with team and stakeholders
- External contractors
- Project managers
- Construction team
- Project team
- Project and discipline engineers
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- A strong Civil background is required with a civil engineering degree, HNC/HND would be advantageous but not essential
- Considerable post-qualification experience, preferably in a railway construction site or similar safety-conscious environment.
- Competent Construction Engineer. Must be able to understand and interpret design drawings
- Be knowledgeable of the CDM Regulations as applied to the Construction processes.
- Be knowledgeable of relevant British, European, LUL and Company Standards and the LU Rule Book
- Commercial awareness
- Understanding/Experience of NEC3 Form of Contract (desirable)
- Flexibility to be able to work unsocial hours, night shifts and possession weekends as the job demands and be on call.
- Physical fitness commensurate with working in the construction site environment, including working at height and in confined spaces.
- Numerical and analytical skills
- Computer literacy.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.