Contractors Engineering Manager
- Warrington, United Kingdom
- £70,000 to £80,000 per annum
My client is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager / CEM to join their rail team in the North West & LNW route.
Projects can typically include civil engineering works and infrastructure projects such as:
Highways / Roads, bridges, tunnels, earthworks & embankments, rail platforms and station infrastructure.
They currently have a number of live infrastructure projects including Civils Asset Management (CAM) & Buildings Asset Management (BAM).
About the role:
As Engineering Manager / CEM you will be working within project delivery teams, responsible for managing the design delivery process for both the internal design team and external designers. Primarily focused on schemes within regional frameworks but also providing support to a variety of multi-disciplinary rail, civil engineering projects throughout the region.
You will be responsible for managing the engineering process through the entire project lifecycle. You will work closely with the Project Manager and CREs and report into the Contracts Manager for the associated project/ programme of works.
* Review the remits
* Develop and agree the relevant engineering processes and deliverables for the complexity and scale of projects
* This will be undertaken and agreed with the associated Network Rail DPE of the works, in accordance with GRIP
* Design reviews
* Arrange and attend meetings as required with the client, designers and colleagues
* Review project generated documentation (CPPs, WPPs, TBs, Specifications, and drawings)
* Providing approval for construction methodologies
Approved as a CEM within a (similar) rail contracting organisation & have extensive railway, civils project experience.
- Degree / HNC or HND in civil engineering or equivalent
- Experience as CEM / Engineering Manager in a multi-disciplinary rail contracting environment.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.