- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £30,000 to £45,000 per annum
Are you ready to join a rapidly growing infrastructure business, covering multiple disciplines across a diverse and exciting rail sector? Due to a number of successful tenders, my client is looking for Cost Managers to embark on their exciting growth journey.
Our client would like to interview for this position as soon as possible. Apply now to avoid disappointment.
Key responsibilities of the role include but not be limited to:
- Attend progress meetings with supply chain, designers, planning, commercial & construction team
- Attending weekly/monthly site visits
- To implement the requirements for Cost Control
- Assist on the production/delivery of the Performance Measurement Baseline and Performance Measurement Updates
- Capture and integrate current and forecast programme, budget, cost, and risk at CBS & tasks level using the approved tools
- Responsible for ensuring all Cost related inputs are reliable and provided in a timely manner to support the Performance Measurement Update (PMU) process.
- Responsible for producing reliable earned value reports.
- Liaise with Commercial team on the financial progress, actual cost and forecast
- Ensure the use of CBS across the project; and that work and cost is allocated within the correct cost centre
- Providing general support to the Commercial team on tasks such as monthly cost reports & accruals based on EVA
- Prepare weekly progress reports comparing planned work with actual work produced on site for key elements and commodities
You will have a broad spectrum of technical knowledge relating to Cost and Commercial Management, with demonstratable experience within the Civil Engineering/Transportation/Infrastructure sectors. You will also have the following:
- Experience on significant Infrastructure projects ideally but not limited to the rail sector.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present cost work concisely.
- Experience of cost control services within large complex environments within the construction and engineering industry
- Good understanding of Project controls and alignment of programme, cost, budget, risk and change
- Understanding of various forms of tender documents, contract documents and specifications
- Good understanding of various methods of cost control, forecasting and performance reporting
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.