- West Midlands, United Kingdom
- £40,000 to £60,000 per annum
This role is responsible for supporting the Head of Cost and Estimating at a Programme and Contract level. This includes supporting the management of budgets, actual costs, forecasts and Earned Value Management (EVM) to support the successful delivery of a number of rail projects, including high speed rail.
The Programme Management Office (PMO) forms part of the CFO office and is responsible for cost management & estimating, risk management, schedule management and integration, performance reporting, tools and systems and project management capability across the organisation. The PMO supports and enables delivery through the provision of specialist resources and services into Phase One and Phase Two Project Controls, and by centrally defining and implementing core project controls processes and standards.
· To be accountable for supporting on the analysis and verification of contract level cost performance and ensure the data accurately reflects the current programme performance for onwards reporting.
· To be responsible for supporting on the validation of cost performance data submitted by delivery teams to the programme team as part of communicating overall programme performance.
· To be responsible for assisting with the development of contract level performance reports to communicate current performance to the programme team, including; Earned Value Management (EVM), forecasted costs and Estimate at Completion (EAC) pressures.
· To be responsible for ensuring that the cost performance team are aligned to the current business processes and ways of working from a delivery perspective.
· To be accountable for supporting the Senior Cost Manager to ensure adherence with cost performance processes and procedures across the respective programme and also, for storing and maintaining data and documents accurately within the corporate systems.
· To be accountable for providing technical support to the Project Controls Managers on cost performance and assist in the management of contractor teams to support the successful delivery of the HS2 project.
· To be accountable for working closely with the supply chain to develop a series of defined work-streams to progressively enhance cost performance capabilities within the Phase.
· To be responsible for facilitating continuous improvement of the Cost Performance function within the Phase One programme and ensure that lessons learnt are captured and presented back to the team.
· To be responsible for ensuring that the contract teams are working to the current governance processes and review policies in order to ensure they are in line with strategic business objectives.
· Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work
2. Required criteria
Type of experience:
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.