- West Midlands, United Kingdom
- £50,000 to £75,000 per annum
I’m working with a well-established and leading global consultancy within Rail operating on high profile infrastructure projects across the UK including Crossrail and HS2.
The business is growing and looking to strengthen the Engineering Team in their Birmingham office. Due to this expansion, they are looking for Design Managers to manage production and delivery of designs within the Civils HS2 project team. The right candidate will have a hunger and dedication to build on their experience and aid others in their development.
This is a brilliant opportunity for experienced Engineers with extensive experience within Rail Civil Design or established Design Managers with a proven track record of success within Rail Civil Design.
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Experienced in Civil Design on infrastructure projects
- Working experience with Bentley Systems including ProjectWise
- Experience leading coordination of multidisciplinary teams on major infrastructure projects is desirable
- Committed to continuous improvement and learning
- Hold professional member with ICE or IStructE
- Proficient in use of spoken and written English language
- UK citizen or indefinite leave to remain
- Liaise with construction teams to ensure designs are buildable and represent value for money
- When required, act in role of CRE, Task Manager, Designer, Checker or Approver for various types of civil design
- Prepare and check engineering designs, calculations, and manage design production
- Conceptual outline and detailed design of engineering solutions, presentation of engineering options
- Liaise with CAD Technicians in production of drawings
- Input into multidisciplinary tenders
- Maintain understanding of commercial aspects of projects and ensure cost control measures
- Record and track documents electronically and monitor adherence to quality assurance
- Liaise with wider design team to ensure consistency and quality of deliverables across all areas of the project
- Assist and support Engineering Manager when necessary
- Delivery of work to programme, budget, and specification
- Aid in development of junior staff through training and mentoring
- Contribute to development of the office by introducing improvements to procedures, and practices
- Implement effective, value for money, and innovative design solutions to meet technical project requirements
- Adopt a cost effective, high quality, safe and environmentally responsible approach to design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects, compliant with all relevant legislation
- Working on civil HS2 projects!
- Working with other like-minded engineers and technicians to complete challenging major projects throughout the UK.
- Office location in Birmingham.
- Open to incorporating other engineers and technicians known to yourself within the team.
- 6 Design Manager positions available for different sections of this project on HS2!
If you think you could be interested or would like any further information, please apply. I’ll be in touch within 24 hours for a confidential chat.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.