Electrical Test & Inspect Engineer
- West Midlands, United Kingdom
- £35,000 to £55,000 per annum
Electrical Test and Inspection Engineer
£35,000-55,000 per annum plus vehicle, uniform, test equipment, laptop, mobile phone other benefits
My client who is a leading national supplier of electrical, fire safety and security services for the Social Housing sector are looking for an Electrical Engineer to join their team based in Coventry on a permanent basis.
This is an exciting time to join the Company with its focus to be the trusted partner in the market for compliance safety services.
Must have the technical skill to manage customers safety through your ability to inspect, report, and repair customers electrical installations. You will be working in a different environment every day and across a variety of locations. Engineers are trusted to be the face of the business and engage with our clients to ensure exceptional customer service excellence is delivered.
If you are an experienced electrician who has the ability to carry out EICR reports across housing, recreation, and light commercial buildings we are keen to hear from you.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Carrying out Inspecting & Testing on customers electrical installations (EICR’s) including Emergency Lighting testing, fire alarm Inspections, and thermal imaging
- Completing all relevant reports and certification associated with your inspection & testing
- Ensuring all reports and certification are completed and summited on time
- Conduct remedial works as part of the inspection were appropriate
Qualifications and Experience
- A flexible approach to work with a minimum of work 40 hours per week, Mon-Fri with the opportunity to earn significantly more through weekends and participate in an out of hours call out rota
- A full UK Driving License
- Previous Electrical Experience, Lighting, Wiring, Alarm Systems, Fire Prevention Systems.
- City and Guilds level 2 & 3 Electrical installations.
- To be an Electrical Tester, you will need to hold City & Guilds 2391, (preferably)
- Up-to-date with current standard BS7671, 18th Edition BS7671
- A good level of IT literacy.
- Experience working in an electrical testing environment
- An understanding of Health and Safety Regulations within the workplace.
- A base salary of £33,500 – £36,000 with average take-home £50,250 (Bonus, Overtime, On Call and Travel Time) many of our staff earn over £55,000 per annum.
- Ongoing career development opportunities
- A company vehicle
- A 24-hour wellbeing helpline
- Company Pension Scheme
- 30-day holiday allowance (including 8 bank holidays)
This is a role that is focused on the delivery of EICR test & will include the maintenance and repair of domestic systems and facilitating the Health & Safety procedures and requirements within the contract, whilst providing technical advice to both employees and clients.
You will need strong interpersonal and organisational skills, working proactively to meet the needs of customers. You will be responsible for looking at possible risks associated with the role and reporting any issues promptly to support the ongoing safety of yourself and others.
You can be based anywhere in the region and surrounding areas within 30 min travel
To apply for this position please submit your up to date CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Karen Otton on 02392 314795.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.