Engineer (Senior) (Engineering and Surveying)
- Bedford, United Kingdom
- £340 per day
Structural Engineer (Bridges & Structures)
£340 Per Day
Contract – Umbrella
- Provision of bridges and structures consultancy services to internal and external clients, including deputising for team leader in his absence. Work will primarily be on highway structures ie. bridges, culverts and retaining walls.
- Management of annual structures inspection programme.
- Scoping of potential schemes, production of briefs, designs, specifications, contract documents, procuring and supervising works on structures.
- Ensuring designs comply with current relevant technical standards and health and safety legislation, including the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations.
- Structural analysis/assessment of different forms of structure, primarily by manual calculation.
- Inspection and negotiation with applicants/developers and their professional advisers to ensure that their structures are built to suitable standards (within agreements under Section 38 and 278 of the Highways Act)
- Must have proven experience in managing and programming projects to ensure they are delivered on time and on budget.
- Concise and effective communication in drawn and written form, including selective upward reporting of key issues.
- The ability to work effectively and flexibly as part of a team (as a leader or a member).
- Proficient in the use of computer software, in particular Microsoft Office.
- Management of abnormal loads routeing through Bedford Borough.
- Must hold a full valid driving licence for the UK or be able to otherwise travel to sites around the Borough in an efficient manner.
Please can all interested candidates either, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, DM me or call my direct number 02392 322389.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.