Estates Maintenance Manager
- Berkshire, United Kingdom
- £35,000 to £45,000 per annum
A client of mine who is a leading Housing Association and Property Maintenance Company have a great new opportunity for Estates Maintenance Manager to look after their in-house Estates, Impact Team in the Berkshire area on a permanent basis.
You’ll have the opportunity to influence how the service is delivered and set the standard for the future.
Reporting into the Operations Manager, you’ll take full responsibility and accountability for overseeing the in-house external maintenance programme for your area through a team of skilled trades persons.
You will be responsible for delivering of pro-active estate services across a workstream which meets this vision. Services will include but not exclusive, Grounds Maintenance, Cleaning, Playgrounds, Trees and Places Impact/Caretaker Teams. Whilst championing our values of being kind, respectful, inclusive, ambitious, responsible, and collaborative. Working alongside colleagues to achieve our priorities you will commit wholeheartedly to this journey we have embarked upon to create a truly customer focussed culture.
You will also be responsibility for maintaining high quality data within the property systems. You will be working with other Locality teams and related Customer functions to deliver your workstream to an agreed area and set of standards which will need collaboration and co-operation between all teams. The focus will be on your teams being customer facing and able to make the right decisions at the right time to ensure customers’ needs are addressed in an efficient and timely manner.
You’ll manage, coach and develop a team of up to 10 general builders and labourers, making sure that everything is done safely, all works are effectively managed, compliant and undertaken in line with company policies.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Delivery a customer focussed service
- Previous experience in a Grounds Maintenance or Estates Management role
- Proven line management skills especially with experience of managing trade operatives
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong organisational and decision making skills
- Ability to take ownership and manage complaints
- Strong IT skills particularly in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- There will be travel involved with this role so you should be happy to travel, have access to a car and a full UK driving licence.
What we’ll offer you
- £450 flex-pot annually, discounted shopping & cycling scheme
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays (with an extra day every year up to 30 days)
- Industry leading pension scheme, 12% matched contributions plus life cover at 4x your salary
- Flexible working – we’re committed to giving people flexibility as widely as possible
- Options for private medical insurance, dental insurance & critical illness cover
- Discounted travel insurance
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or call me on 02392322318
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.