- Bracknell Forest, United Kingdom
- £30,000 to £45,000 per annum
£30,000 – £45,000 (DOE)
Are you an Estates Manager looking for a new opportunity? Do you have experience managing Estates or residential properties, managing the budgets, maintenance/works, and working with Leaseholders/Directors?
My client, a national Property and Estates Management company, are looking for a professional Estates Manager, to manage developments in Sandhurst.
- Ensure the cyclical tasks and reactive works are accomplished on-time
- Prepare, review, and implement annual budgets for each estate, ensuring the budget is approved and demands are issued on time.
- Generate purchase orders and authorise payment of all invoices for works associated with the service charge for each estate.
- Undertake regular income & expenditure reviews of expenditure versus budget to ensure the financial health of each estate.
- Reporting: Prepare regular reporting (monthly/quarterly) on the key management and financial aspects of your estates to Directors/Freeholders.
- Ensure a comprehensive Planned Maintenance Schedule is in place for each estate and reviewed annually.
- Conduct regular planned site visits to ensure standards are upheld.
- Manage the approval and appointment of all Contractors.
- Be fully conversant with the head lease – the rules, regulations, and obligations – and manage accordingly.
- Insurance: Ensure the insurance cover is up-to-date and appropriate for each property/estate.
- Ensure that health & safety legislation, policies, and recommendations are always adhered to. Ensure appropriate Health & Safety reports are maintained and actioned appropriately.
- Ensure each estate has an effective major works programme (and necessary Reserve Fund) to comply with the lease and maintain the condition of the estate.
- Provide excellent customer service and achieve customer satisfaction
- Produce quality correspondence to Directors and Residents that is professional, mistake-free, and easy to understand, in a timely manner, and with a professional and helpful manner.
- Organise, prepare, and successfully lead Directors meetings, Resident meetings or AGMs.
You will need:
- Must be legally able to work in the UK and have a full, ‘clean’ driving licence.
- While a background in estate management is desirable, your experience could be in surveying or property management
- Degree preferable. A good standard of education is essential.
- IRPM Part 1 is essential
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (eg. Landlord & Tenant Act, RICS Code etc)
- Experience in Service Charge drafting, budgeting and monitoring
- Diligently do what needs to be done to ensure key milestones are achieved on time & on budget.
- Have excellent customer service mentality & strong communication skills.
- The ability to think and act professionally. You must be able to gather information, interpret it and solve complex problems or make logical decisions which have the greatest positive impact.
- Working knowledge of Qube would be an advantage