Facilities Management & Projects Lead
- Dorset, United Kingdom
- £44,000 to £46,000 per annum
A client of mine in the Social Housing sector is looking to recruit a Facilities Management & Projects Lead on permanent basis. The role is flexible in location as they have offices in Somerset, Dorset, Hampshire and Wiltshire but travel throughout the main offices in these locations will be required as and when needed.
The position as a Facilities Management & Projects Lead will be responsible for the delivery of complex projects across managed workspaces, including building disposals, acquisitions, and refurbishments, so your experience to date will give you the exemplary skills you need for success. They operate across the South West of England and their workspaces include offices, operational units and yards, which all need to be familiar to you.
- Responsible for alignment & delivery of the operational and compliance outputs of the Facilities Team focusing on hard services.
- Responsible for evidencing full compliance of hard services across all managed workspaces.
- Budget management responsibility ensuring the FM Team work within budget, adhering to standing orders, challenging, and evidencing VFM in all they do.
- Lead, motivate, empower, and develop the team, maintaining the core values of the business, the team and the highest levels of professional conduct helping both the team and colleagues to achieve their full potential.
- Lead the team to deliver key requirements of the RSRP project, supporting building churn – acquisitions, disposals, refurbishments and moves across the regions. Effectively communicate with the team to enable forward planning for resource and budgets and assist the creation of business cases to make recommendations against the workspace portfolio.
- Lead the delivery of a range of facilities management services to support the client which focuses on hard services, planned and responsive repairs to an agreed standard across all workspaces.
- Provide mentoring for the wider Workspace & FM Team with regards to complex problems with a technical bias.
- Monitor and control budgets, ensuring the Facilities Managers work in accordance with agreed procedures, levels of delegated authority, the company’s financial regulations and standing orders – evidencing VFM in all we do.
- Lead the team to ensure that effective, competitive and well-run contracts are in place which supports both the planned and responsive outputs of the team evidencing best practice and VFM.
- Work collaboratively with Maintenance Colleagues to align asset management recording and evidence compliance standards across the same system or platform.
- Produce Quarterly Reports which provide an overview of the team’s performance and standards which will feed into Customer Services Leadership Team Assurance Statement, The Landlord H&S Report, various Compliance Working Group Score Cards.
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- Hold an IWFM or RICS qualification in Corporate Real Estate and Facilities
- Established background in Engineering or a built environment trade.
- Demonstrate a wealth of experience managing complex building disposals and acquisition projects.
- Demonstrate in-depth experience of category a & b refurbishments, evidenced on-time and within budget.
- Demonstrate vast experience managing busy, multi-skilled teams.
- Demonstrate proactive contract management, procurement, risk, business continuity and budget management control and experience.
- Can evidence a wealth of experience working in the Facilities Industry (or linked industry) over a significant period of time.
- Hold a full, clean driving licence and be able to travel by own means across the operating area as required.
- Will conduct suitable and sufficient risk assessments (including stress assessments) for their area of operations, record the findings and reduce risk to an acceptable level.
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or press apply.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.