Fire Safety and Compliance Officer
- Hampshire, United Kingdom
- £42,000 per annum
A client of mine who is a leading Property landlord and Social housing provider is looking to recruit a Fire Safety & Compliance Officer, to support the Safety and Compliance Specialist in Fire and wider Building Safety and Compliance team on all fire safety matters within the organisation.
The location of the chosen candidate can be located in either Basingstoke, Bristol, Christchurch, or Exeter.
This role is key to the effective development, oversight and management of all fire related cyclical servicing, inspection, and upgrade programme.
This opportunity will include:
- Taking responsibility to deliver the right outcome for our customer in a safe and timely way
- Promoting a positive collaborative culture of Building Safety and Compliance.
- Supporting the Safety and Compliance Specialist fire (Responsible person) for fire building safety and compliance areas, responsible for ensuring that SHA adheres to its regulatory and Legislative obligations and that the organisation receives competent advice and guidance.
- Acting as a central point of contact for liaison with the Primary and/or Local Fire Safety Authorities.
- Acting as the subject matter expert and help define data requirements, policies and standards, whilst advising in their implementation.
- Keeping up-to-date with relevant legislation relating to their data set reviews and identifies implications and recommend subsequent actions.
- Escalating data issues or breaches to the Safety and Compliance Specialist Fire. Support management of accurate data related to Building (Asset) Safety and Compliance for fire areas as set out in data landscape and escalate any conflicts that arise, raising data issues and provide justification for appropriate fixes for fire areas.
- Responsibility to adhere to good data management practices (in the creation and maintenance of data) to ensure Building (Asset) Safety and Compliance data is of sufficient quality and integrity to support its intended usage (e.g. in processes, to serve customers, to meet regulatory requirements).
- Assist with the cyclical inspection, upgrade and works programmes relating to fire areas currently undertaken across SHA, ensuring that all activities are centralised and evidenced within the BS&C function.
- Reviewing building fire strategies and designs to ensure they meet regulatory requirements and undertake actions to mitigate risk, for example before new builds commence.
- Undertaking timely fire incident investigations, ensuring findings, learnings and actions are documented and issued to all key stakeholders.
- Support fire risk assessment programme to ensure it is carried out on a risk-based basis in line with PAS79/PAS79-2 and that meets all regulatory requirements and best practice including requirements of the Building/Fire Safety Act, Fire Safety Order and any emerging legislative changes.
- Ensuring that actions from Fire Risk Assessments, POFRA and recommended upgrades are progressed, remedied, and recorded as required.
- To identify any changes to regulatory requirements that impacts the business and its ability to effectively manage its assets. Ensuring that the relevant changes and actions are identified, and escalated to the Safety and Compliance Specialist Fire.
- Demonstratable knowledge and experience of fire safety subject matters within the Housing Sector.
- A Membership of the IFE / IFSM or equivalent membership body, with demonstrable CPD.
- An up-to-date knowledge of fire safety legislation, RRFSO 2005, Fire Safety (England) Regs 2022, Building/Fire Safety Acts and Building Regulations.
- Level 3 qualification in Fire Safety as a minimum. Level 4 or a willingness to work towards desirable.
- FRA qualification such as IFE or CS Todd and experience of peer review/auditing FRA’s.
- Experience in delivering fire safety programmes of work.
- Ability to engage non-fire safety personnel in fire safety initiatives, providing them with practical guidance and tools.
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 02392322318
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.