Fire Safety Surveyor
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £300 per annum
A client of mine who is a London Borough is looking to recruit a Fire Safety Surveyor to work for them on 4-month initial contract. The selected Fire Safety Surveyor will provide fire safety surveying expertise, support and advice to ensure housing stock is inspected, managed and maintained in accordance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and any other appropriate Health and Safety Legislation.
- Provide specialist professional and technical advice and reports on all matters within the functionality of the service, including undertaking the role of professional or expert witness at hearings, adjudications and legal proceedings etc.
- Undertake and produce Fire Risk Assessments (FRAs) for housing stock and tenant meeting rooms, identifying all fire related risks and raise orders to repair and maintenance contractors to remedy risks and rectify identified minor breaches.
- Prepare a programme of FRA inspections in accordance with the regulatory reform order taking account of appropriate risk of different stock archetypes.
- Undertake desk top reviews of Fire Risk assessments at planned intervals as per policy requirements
- Undertake quality assurance of specialist contractors undertaking FRA’s
- Monitor Repairs and Maintenance contractor’s work, inspect completed works and ensure standards are to the highest quality. Follow up unacceptable performance with contractors to ensure issues are remedied.
- Prepare specifications of works for one off projects as required to ensure the borough is fully compliant with current statutory Health & Safety and Fire regulations.
Qualifications & Expereince
- NEBOSH General Certificate.
- Fire Safety and Fire Risk Assessment training
- Educated to a HND (Diploma) or equivalent gained through experience
Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
- Demonstrable experience in housing/construction industry advising on aspects of Health and Safety and Fire Safety.
- Experience in the delivery of Health and Safety training * Experience of undertaking risk inspections
- Experience of undertaking Fire Risk Assessments in social housing
- Detailed Knowledge and understanding of 2005 Regulatory Reform Order.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of health and safety legislation and its application and relevance to staff, residents and contractors
- Knowledge of quality assurance systems
- An understanding of local authority statutory responsibilities in the event of an 6 2 REORG Fire Safety Surveyor re-evaluated.doc emergency.
- Ability to handle, interpret, present and explain statistical information relating to accidents, hazards, risks etc., and to reach conclusions and produce guidance proposals.
- Ability to write accurate and concise reports, records and notes.
- Able to work outside normal hours where necessary to deal with emergencies
- Ability to attend meetings outside of normal working hours
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or call me on 02392322318
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.