- Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
- £39,000 to £42,000 per annum
A client of mine who is a Large Housing Association and Property Maintenance Company are looking to Recruit an experienced Gas/Heating Engineer to join their Property Maintenance Team.
Tasks to include:
- Competently undertake servicing and repair works to the required legal standard as directed.
- Carry out planned maintenance checks on systems and equipment.
- Conversant with wiring central heating systems
- Test controls and safety devices to make sure that they are working properly.
- Find and repair gas leaks using computerised fault-finding equipment.
- Replace or repair faulty or old gas system parts.
- Install or repair heating system pipe work.
- Give customers advice about gas safety and energy efficiency.
You will undertake works in accordance with current Gas Safety Regulations, H&S regulations, policies and procedures.
Liaising with both internal and external customers appropriately and promptly is key to the role to ensure those involved in your work are aware of progress.
Candidates must have relevant and up to date Gas Qualifications including:
- CCN1 – Core Gas Safety
- CENWAT1 – Central Heating Boilers & Water Heaters
- MET1 – Meters
- CKR1 – Domestic Cookers
- HTR1 – Gas Fires & Wall Heaters
- (Desirable) NVQ Level 2 in Domestic Plumbing (or equivalent)
You will also:
- Hold a full UK driving licence with the ability to drive a company van;
- Have previous experience as a domestic Gas service and breakdown engineer;
- Preferably have experience of working within social housing;
- Be comfortable working independently and as part of a team;
- Be confident in using IT equipment such as iPads.
You’ll also benefit from:
- £335 yearly Tool Allowance
- Welcome bonus up to £1,000
- £450 yearly flexible benefit pot to use against benefits of your choice
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays (with an extra day every year up to 30 days)
- Chance to buy or sell holiday as part of our flexible benefits package
- A van and fuel card for business travel
- iPhone and iPad
- Generous pension scheme matched up to 12%, life cover at 4x your salary
- Opportunity to increase your salary with overtime and call out
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.