Grounds Maintenance Operative
- West Berkshire, United Kingdom
- £21,750 to £23,925 per annum
A client of mine who is a Large Housing Association and Property Maintenance Team are looking to Grounds Maintenance Workers to join their Property Maintenance Team in the Berkshire area on a permanent basis.
To deliver our service for Grounds Maintenance you will be required to take 60% of your annual leave from November to March, leaving 40% available from April to October. This will allow the team to use your annual leave whilst still delivering an excellent service to our customers during peak service delivery.
You’ll complete grounds maintenance works to various properties and housing associations, local authorities, schools and private landlords.
What you’ll do:
- Undertake general grounds maintenance on estates, play areas and void properties
- Grass cutting and strimming
- Pruning, weeding and spraying
- Hedge cutting
- Turfing and seeding
- Sweeping and clearing paths and hard standings
You will work a standard 40 hour week from October to April (8am to 4.30pm). However due to the seasonal nature of the role your will be required to work a 45 Hour Week from May to September (8am to 5.30pm).
What you’ll need:
You should have demonstrable experience in carrying out general grounds maintenance to a high standard, in addition to delivering excellent customer service.
You’ll also hold a valid driving licence with a minimum of 2 years driving experience in order that you have the ability to drive a company van on occasion.
This role is subject to a satisfactory licence check, essential qualifications check and a basic disclosure.
What you’ll get:
- £450 yearly flexible benefit pot to use against benefits of your choice
- Uniform & PPE
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays (with an extra day every year up to 30 days)
- Chance to buy or sell holiday as part of our flexible benefits package
- iPhone and iPad
- Wellbeing discounts including discounted shopping & cycling scheme
- Generous pension scheme matched up to 12%, life cover at 4x your salary
If this sounds like a role for you we’d love to hear from you!
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or call me on 02392322318
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.