Head of Health & Safety
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £90,000 per annum
A client of mine is looking for a Head of Health & Safety to join their forever growing business. As a Head of Health & Safety you must have the ability to drive Health & Safety forward within a construction environment and can make people listen. Experience within construction is essential, combined with working on new build residential sites over 50 acres.
This position reports to directly into the Construction Director and you will be expected to be a strong lead in Health & Safety. You will work actively on site using a hands-on approach rather than working strategically. The Head of Health & Safety will assure the integration of Health & Safety requirements in alignment with companies’ behaviours as well as site needs and following the company policies.
The successful candidate will have the ability to recognise strategic opportunities and focus Health & Safety resources to meet critical business needs, understand organisational dynamics, and possess exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Assures the integration of technical HSE requirements in alignment with site needs.
- Actively participates on site leadership team in the areas of HSE governance, auditing, management systems, best practice exchanges, compliance initiatives and governmental/regulatory reporting.
- Develops working relationships with local regulatory agencies and serves as the site point of contact for all regulatory agency inspections and inquiries.
- Develops and assist in conducting HSE&F training to site personnel (including induction for all new employees) and support the maintenance training records.
- Interprets existing and proposed changes regarding occupational health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Provides coaching and development to site leadership in the areas of HSE
- Preparation and implementation of the site annual HSE compliance action plan.
- Successfully integrates HSE processes with site operations through the HSE Management System.
- Fulfils a leadership role in coordinating successful implementation of HSE processes to achieve the best results.
- Conducts regular inspections, audits and assessments to evaluate the site’s performance in relation to Company HSE procedures, guidelines and regulations.
- Develops and maintains procedures to ensure compliance to all local, country and company requirements.
Qualifications & Requirements
NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ Level 6 In Occupational Health & Safety
CMIOSH (Desired) or Grad working towards
Lead Auditor Qualification
Over 5 years’ experience in a Senior or Head of Health & Safety Position
Residential Construction Experience
Full UK Driving Licence
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 02392322318
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.