Head of Health & Safety
- Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
- £62,250 per annum
A client of mine who is a highly secure government facility in Milton Keynes is looking to recruit a Head of Operational Health & Safety on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract to ensure they meet statutory, regulatory and internal policy obligations in health and safety.
As a Head of Operational Health & Safety you will be responsible for ensuring delivery of operational health and safety strategy, policies and procedures.
The selected Head of Operational Health & Safety will work hard to drive the health and safety vision, leading the safety team, providing subject expertise across the organisation. Leading continual improvement and contributing to key projects and initiatives. Ensuring appropriate effective internal controls am delivery of internal and external audit programmes. Maintaining effective control disciplines and taking overall responsibility for change initiatives hat lead cultural change.
This role is key to effective governance of my client and the role holder is expected to use their specialist subject expertise and leadership skills to: influence, communicate, negotiate, analyse and resolve complex issues, diffuse conflict and fulfil requirements in an independent manner to make informed decisions and act. Strong working relationships with key stakeholders, including Directors, senior managers, colleagues, customers, partners across government and Enforcement Agencies.
- NEBOSH Diploma or Equivalent
- Proven experience of health and safety management systems
- Excellent communicator with strong personal impact and credibility to influence the direction of the health and safety agenda, lead cultural change programmes and operate at all levels and deliver results
- Excellent presentation skills
- Track record of designing, achieving and monitoring performance target
- Management of a team of health and safety professionals
- Working across a multi-functional organisation
- Delivering effective safety management across a worldwide platform
- Familiarity with operating within a secure government environment
- Experience of change management
- Working at Board Level
- Experience of strategic planning
- Candidates can only apply to us if; they are a British citizen or hold dual nationality, and they have been a resident in the UK for at least two of the last 10 years.
- All of our employees have to be security cleared, for this role DV is required which takes between 6 and 9 months
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or call me on 02392322318 for more information
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.