Head of Property Management Accounts – Residential
- Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
- £50,000 to £55,000 per annum
Head of Property Management Accounts
Residential / Leasehold
£50,000 – £55,000 (DoE / neg)
Are you a Property Accountant looking for a new opportunity? Do you have experience of working on Leasehold accounts, managing others, accounts payable, accounts receivable, client accounting, service charge accounting, client reporting and processing invoices? Take a read of this position – it could be your next challenge!
My client, a national Property Management company, are seeking and experienced Head of Property Management Accounts, to head up their vibrant team in Southend-on-Sea, Essex.
- To manage the residential property management accounting team, disciplines to include; accounts payable, accounts receivable, client accounting, service charge accounting and client reporting.
- Manage residential property portfolios on three property management systems (Tramps, MRI Qube, Yardi)
- Process and pay approximately 80,000 invoices per annum
- Banks (virtual and actual) processing approx 180,000 transactions per year
- Administrate approx 1,350 Service Charge Properties
- Ensure that compliance is maintained at all time in accordance with RICS Clients Monies and RICS Professional Statement, including Service Charges in Residential Property.
- Evaluate and improve processes within the property management accounting teams to ensure process efficiencies are achieved and delivered
- Direct a team of approx 35 Accounts staff via 4 team leaders, both remotely and on-site, including service charge accountants, client accountants and operational staff to ensure maximum efficiency and first-class service to both internal and external clients/stakeholders, including restructure and resource.
- Ensure that employees work productively and develop professionally.
- Complete Performance Reviews to identify specific training requirements, future development and progression planning
- Approval and monitoring of in-house HR systems for direct reports
- Support the wider division with training and development regarding accounting disciplines to ensure all staff remains up to date and compliant with procedures, whilst assisting with Divisional projects and focus groups when required.
- Be the residential accounts lead on pitches to clients on new business, preparing detailed, knowledgeable responses for the RFP and representing the business in presentations
- Work collaboratively with commercial property management accounts to ensure that a consistent approach is delivered regarding the wider divisions’ objectives and goals
- Directly manage the PRS portfolio and deliver all key financial reporting to clients on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Review monthly bank reconciliations, rent collection statistics and service charge completion statistics
- Authorisation of payments for all banking facilities (NatWest/SmarterPay)
- Delivering KPI and client requirements across Property Management Accounts
- Leading and managing projects relating to Residential Property Management Accounts
- Reviewing and developing procedures on a continual basis for Property Management Accounts
You will require:
- Knowledge and understanding of Property Management Systems.
- High level of professionalism with the ability to inspire employees, internal and external stakeholders to comprehend and follow the Business Ethos.
- Strong written and oral communication/interpersonal skills.
- Portray confidence and enthusiasm, organised, flexible and conspicuously reliable.
- Strong and influential leadership skills that follow a ‘can-do’ approach with the ability to communicate to individuals at all levels.
- Meticulous attention to detail, high level of accuracy and numeracy.
- Strong analytical skills with extensive multi-disciplinary systems knowledge.
- Team player and leader, with experience in managing projects and delivering to deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure, efficiently and in a timely manner together with excellent decision making capabilities.
- Ability to present high-level information as well as detailed demonstrations.
- Management experience within the accounting/systems sector.
- Awareness of general accounting procedures, regulatory standards & compliance requirements.
You will receive:
- Salary £50,000 – £55,000 (if you also have commercial accounts experience, this is neg.)
- Excellent career progression opportunities.
- Excellent, flexible company benefits and bonus’.
- Private healthcare & health screening.
- Parking Permit.
- Professional qualification support and development.
For more information please contact James West of Stride Resourcing on 02392314671, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.