Head of Rail
- Southampton, United Kingdom
- £60,000 to £70,000 per annum
Are you passionate about Rail and have a desire to lead your own team? Have you found yourself operating as a small cog in a large machine and lack recognition and progression? Are you looking for a more flexible role allowing remote/home working?
I’m searching for a Rail experienced Civil Structural Engineer operating at a Principal level to lead the South / South East team. The ideal candidate will also be Chartered and happy to function as business development manager to strengthen the businesses future project portfolio.
The business is well-established and have been in operation for over 20 years. With multiple locations around the UK, the business is continually expanding and prepared to develop a new team to cover the southern regions.
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Experienced in design and detail of structure and superstructure solutions in a Rail environment
- CRE (Design) status
- Experience leading and managing teams
- Experience in Rail Civil & Structural engineering design
- Demonstrable management of all commercial aspects – cost and value
- PTS certificate
- CEng status (minimum IEng)
- Member of relevant Professional Body (ICE or IStructE etc)
- Committed to continuous improvement and learning
- Proficient in use of spoken and written English language
- UK citizen or indefinite leave to remain
- Lead in-house design team and responsible for all technical aspects of engineering projects
- Act in role of CRE and manage submission of quality design documents and collate the key components
- Keeping clients informed of costs or implications of change in a timely manor and address any issues that may arise
- Lead representative at meeting with internal and/or external clients and stakeholders
- Mentor and coach team members, and provide input into succession planning
- Lead compliance with CDM Regulations
- Liaise with Engineers and CAD Technicians in production of drawings
- Input into multidisciplinary tenders
- Undertake business development activities to maintain project pipeline
- Maintain understanding of commercial aspects of projects and ensure cost control measures
- Record and track documents electronically and monitor adherence to quality assurance
- Produce designers risk assessments using variety of forms
- Provide weekly reports outlining work plans, forecasts, and key achievements
- Ensuring designs meet specification and expectation
- Be innovative and introduce improvements where appropriate to areas of responsibility
- Provide strong leadership and motivation of teams, carrying out scheduled P&D reviews for direct reports
- Build and lead your own team within a rapidly developing business.
- Shares offered after 12 months in the business.
- Flexible home working, 2 days in office in South / South East region (solely home working to begin with).
- Open to incorporating other engineers and technicians known to yourself beneath you within the team.
- Benefits package.
If you think you could be interested or would like any further information, please apply. I’ll be in touch within 24 hours for a confidential chat.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.