Health & Safety Advisor
- South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- £18 per hour
Health & Safety Advisor
A client of mine based in Rotherham is looking for a Health & Safety Advisor to join their team for a period of 2 months to provide specialist support and guidance as required to ensure compliance with legislation and best practice in relation to Health and Safety.
Key Duties/Areas of Responsibility
1.Provide professional and competent advice, guidance, information and instruction to stakeholders as required, ensuring appropriate policies, procedures, training and assessments are in place, in line with national legislation and guidance
2.Develop and implement systems and processes to ensure the reporting and investigation of accidents/incidents and the implementation of controls as and when appropriate.
3.Direct and undertake complex investigation and reporting of accidents / incidents, keeping stakeholders informed and ensuring follow up action is taken as appropriate and monitor for compliance
4.Carrying out statutory responsibilities in relation to legislation, guidance and codes of practice through development and implementation of a wide safety management system
5. Work with senior officers to identify occupations/activities requiring risk assessment and provide support to address the safety implications
6. Prepare and deliver reports, information and statistical returns as required, including analysis and interpretation of information
7. Carry out complex audits and inspections in accordance with risk based priority planning programmes, providing advice and support on actions required to achieve compliance with legislation, guidance etc and where necessary enforcement action monitor compliance
8. Develop and implement systems and processes to ensure the competence of contractors are routinely assessed and monitored by those Managers responsible.
9. Contribute to the development and implementation of strategies, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant legislation, guidance etc
10. Conduct routine audits of the system and processes developed and embedded, which relate to health and safety matters
11. To be proactive in engaging stakeholders to ensure the success of the wide safety management system as appropriate and maintaining working relationships with statutory bodies / enforcement agencies
12. Support the service in the coordination and delivery of Health and Safety training13. Develop and maintain knowledge and information of
local and national regulations, policies and procedures
Job Specific Notes
* Disclosure and Barring (DBS) checks
* Potential for out of hours working
Level 7 qualification e.g. Post Graduate Certificates and Diplomas, or Level 6 qualification e.g. Bachelor Degrees, Graduate Certificates and Diplomas; plus post qualifying experience
Evidence of the equivalent level of knowledge gained through work experience
Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH).
Undertaken specialist relevant training/qualifications
Maintain regular CPD opportunities for e.g. fire safety, construction, science and technology in schools (CLEAPSS) event management
NEBOSH National Diploma
NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety an