Health & Safety Advisor
- West Midlands, United Kingdom
- £270 per day
A Public Sector Rail client of mine is looking to recruit a H&S Advisor on 6 month contract in Birmingham to work in their Capital Delivery Team. This role will fall inside IR35 therefore will have to be paid PAYE or Umbrella. Experience within Rail would be advantageous and within Capital Works.
Provide support, coaching and guidance to the Capital Delivery team for issues of workforce health, safety and environment.
Provide support for the collation of the Capital Delivery health, safety and environment data.
Monitor and analyse workforce/projects health, safety and environment data for trends, produce reports and make recommendations for corrective actions as necessary.
Identify health, safety & environmental key risks and make recommendations for control measures.
Support the implementation of national and local programmes and initiatives to improve health, safety and environmental controls.
Facilitate the Capital Delivery teams in their relationships via local safety forums/groups.
Provide guidance to the Capital Delivery teams in the investigation and reporting of accidents and incidents and the Formal Investigation Process.
Facilitate arrangements for safety and environmental audits.
Coordinate and monitor safety tours, and staff surveillance for the team as required.
Undertake a sample check each period of safe system of work plans to monitor compliance with the Safe System of Work Planning Arrangements. Take action to address issues as identified.
Take an active role in developing the Capital Delivery team in matters of workforce health, safety and the environment.
Management of close calls.
Provide CDM support to the Capital Delivery teams.
Professional qualifications essential for this role
PTS AC DC
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety & Health (NEBOSH) Certificate
- Knowledge of safety and compliance management processes
- Knowledge of relevant standards and procedures
- Knowledge of environmental management system
- Knowledge of operational railway environment
- Knowledge of CDM 2015
- Analytical capability
- Local Accident & Incident Investigation
- Knowledge of coaching techniques
- Good interpersonal, influencing, communication and organisation skills
- NEBOSH diploma
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Institute of Environmental Management Award (IEMA)
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or call me on 02392322318
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.