Health & Safety Manager
- Wokingham, United Kingdom
- £30 to £35 per hour
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Health & Safety Manager to work for a client of mine in Wokingham. Ideally, they are looking for part time, 30 hours per week but other work patterns will be considered. What is important is that we find the right person. As part of a small team your drive and enthusiasm will make a significant contribution across a diverse range of public sector services including education. Managing risk in a sensible and proportionate way is key to all that they do as a business and your specialism will enable, empower and support the organisation to do just that.
Key duties and responsibilities will include;
* Supporting and developing the health and safety and risk management strategies
* Developing health and safety policy and management systems
* Conducting periodic Health and Safety reviews and assurance checks to ensure compliance
* Leading corporate investigations into significant accident and incidents determining suitable remedial action to prevent recurrences
* Acting as the subject matter expert in the development and delivery of health and safety training Skills.
Experience and Qualifications;
* NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent together with membership of an appropriate professional body e.g. Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health is essential
* Previous work experience in a similar role along with a track record of having successfully identified areas for improvement and implementing safety initiatives
* Strong working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and good practice including its practical application within an occupational setting
* The ability to operate and influence at a strategic level, capable of ‘seeing the bigger picture’ and working corporately
* Approachable and engaging communicator with excellent verbal, written and presentation Skills
* Self-starter with sound IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
* Ability to juggle priorities and work flexibly within a dynamic environment A current driving licence along with access to a suitable vehicle for use during your duties is essential
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or call me on 02392322318
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.